SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#149261 - 10/24/04 09:38 AM Re: New site for G70 !
Burkels Offline

Loc: Alkmaar, The Netherlands, Euro...
I posted this link before, but it seems not everybody is paying attention :-)

THIS is the REAL G-70, as featured on the ROLAND BENELUX website. Satisfied, DV?
http://www.roland.be/productinfo/productimages/_g-70.jpg

Besides, what this dealer did with the "site" (it's just one page) is nothing special at all. Just look at the official sites for info.
http://www.roland.co.uk/prodcatdetail.asp?ID=G-70

[This message has been edited by Burkels (edited 10-24-2004).]

#149262 - 10/24/04 11:22 PM Re: New site for G70 !
Alex K Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Beakybird:
My suggestion is that when people like DV start foaming at the mouth over impertinent topics that we just ignore it. You can't reform people like that. I mean if these people go overboard (which DV hasn't yet, in my opinion), then Nigel can boot the person.

Larry,

The problem with DV's posts is that they seem to be criticizing the posts like George Kaye's and Minimix's, who have kindly provided to us advance release information, picture of the upcoming keyboard. While this information has most certainly originated at Roland, there was no harm done to anyone by having this well-intentioned information posted here, which the posters believed to be true and accurate (and which mostly was). I, and I am certain, many others in this forum, appreciate the effort people make to share the the advance information with the rest of the forum members. It helps us reassess or plan (or delay) our purchasing decisions to have the best instruments for our needs. Even those of us who are not Roland devotees, are reading these posts with interest, learning about the leading edge of the technology. This is one of the types of posts which attract me to this forum.

The problem is that by ignoring condescending and deprecating rants like DV's, we create an appearance of ambivalence, and create an impression in the minds of people like George or Minimix that we give irrelevant attacks on them as much credence as to their original posts, and discourage them from posting in the future. As a result, we would be enabling a few grouches to stifle the kind of discussion that makes this forum a lively and entertaining location for us.

While you are probably right in not addressing grouchy posts, I think it is important to express our support to the people being unfairly criticized.

Incidentally, a couple of years ago there was a Korg PA80 web site. On its front page it was a posting of "news", the tidbits of information sent by the author by folks at Korg. I thought it was a pretty interesting site, though I think that as the PA80 became old news, the interest has vaned, and the site closed down. This site was run by a Brit named Craig, who went by the pseudonym DigitalVision. Quite an ironic coincidence, isn't it?

#149263 - 10/25/04 01:03 AM Re: New site for G70 !
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.
Alex,
you must be having me on ?
is DigitalVision the one and only Craig ?
Well that sure explains a lot!!!!!
I can only say that he has not changed a bit since the days of the heralding of the new Korg PA-80.
Sorry Roel, this was supposed to be a Roland thread, perhaps you should start afresh ?!!
(ben benieuwd naar je bevindingen overigens,
curious to see what you make of the new Roland)

regards,
john

#149264 - 10/25/04 05:31 AM Re: New site for G70 !
Roel Offline

I got permission to take pics and record during the demo.

#149265 - 10/25/04 07:13 AM Re: New site for G70 !
nardoni2002 Offline

Loc: malaga, spain
(beware of the crowd factor) this site is full of people from all levels of experience,who own or owned many boards,sure many are biased ,but when seeking advice,you get told the good and the bad,and the last word is TRY IT FOR YOURSELF and see what YOU think,i know i would rather stick with the crowd and trust their judgements than rely on an unknown salesman who may not know jack didley (very little),mike

#149266 - 10/25/04 08:22 AM Re: New site for G70 !
Alex K Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ USA
Quote:
Originally posted by nardoni2002:
(beware of the crowd factor) this site is full of people from all levels of experience,who own or owned many boards,sure many are biased ,but when seeking advice,you get told the good and the bad,and the last word is TRY IT FOR YOURSELF and see what YOU think,i know i would rather stick with the crowd and trust their judgements than rely on an unknown salesman who may not know jack didley (very little),mike

Mike,

I agree with you about the need of each of us to judge the merit of each instrument for ourselves, no matter how much it is being heralded or put down by others.

But it concerns me when someone tries to shoot the messenger. That is bad for this BBS, and it is plain wrong. Which is why I felt compelled to speak up.

Alex

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online