SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#149251 - 10/22/04 09:35 AM Re: New site for G70 !
Minimix Offline

Loc: Portugal
What's an "...advertising way" of talking about keyboards?
Who "throught the punters juices going posts........?????" (or whatever that is...)
Who is "spreding ad posts?

Who is the only user continuously questioning about all this? : DV

Does anyone has more knews about the G-70 - with or without ads, advertising or publicity ?
Pleeeeease post. The thread is about the G-70

Thank you

#149252 - 10/22/04 10:26 AM Re: New site for G70 !
royandreno Offline

Loc: Sandnes, Norway
Easy guys!!!
This discussion leads to nowhere. Soon the whole truth about the G-70 will be out and all fights about photo or no photo will be obsolete.
As for advertising you shouldn't worry about it DV, most people in this forum love their arranger, whether it's a Yamaha, Ketron, Roland or whatever. There's a whole deal of ad value in that. Whenever a new arranger is on the way I personally am very curious to how it's gonna be, even if it's only rumours. The only post that I can say was "paid for" in this forum would be the one for Mediastation a few weeks back, where all of the sudden a "famous" keyboard player decides to tell us how great the MS is.
This post I didn't find to be bought and paid for like the one I mentioned, and I think most bbs members agree from how I read this post. Also, I ask that all of us refrain from abusive names and language, as this forum has a great history of showing everyone respect. (Look who's talking!)
Have a nice day!

------------------
Roy-Andrč

#149253 - 10/22/04 10:49 AM Re: New site for G70 !
Starkeeper Offline

Loc: Toronto
Quote from the website, "superb guitar sounds together with the appropriate playing technique to complement the arranger functions of G70.". Could this be Rolands way of saying they have technology similar to Yamaha's Megavoices? Roland, of course, would not want to use the Megavoice name.
I would think, if it were, they would hype it more then that.
Starkeeper

#149254 - 10/22/04 11:00 AM Re: New site for G70 !
Minimix Offline

That's exact. As I mentioned before in another post, I had the chance to see a Demo here in Portugal (althought the G-70 was not fully functional). One of the tones I tryed was a nylon guitar sound which used splits with the various "noises" - very similar with the Megavoice feature from Yamaha.

Regards

#149255 - 10/22/04 06:24 PM Re: New site for G70 !
Beakybird Offline

My suggestion is that when people like DV start foaming at the mouth over impertinent topics that we just ignore it. You can't reform people like that. I mean if these people go overboard (which DV hasn't yet, in my opinion), then Nigel can boot the person.

My suggestion to DV is to chill out and play some music - perhaps something soothing.

Beakybird

#149256 - 10/22/04 07:58 PM Re: New site for G70 !
Sander Offline

Loc: Hoogeveen, Drenthe, The Nether...
Thanks Roel!

The site gives us a quick peek at the G-70.. Since it should contain the best of Roland, I hope there's still something new in it. It took Roland 4 years to get this new arranger on the market, so I expect quite a few improvements from them now. I like my VA-7 because of a lot good sounding, life sounds. And I hope the G70 will continue to do so.

Also I'm looking very much forward to hearing the piano-sample in the board, since the pianosound is one of the most important sounds for me. I tried the PA1XPro last week, and the piano did not impress me at all. Sounded too synthy in my opinion.

I will wait, just wait and wait.. and hope to get a good impression of the device november 4th at Leek.. (hopefully able to go there).

Kind regards,
Sander

#149257 - 10/23/04 03:10 AM Re: New site for G70 !
Minimix Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Beakybird:
My suggestion is that when people like DV start foaming at the mouth over impertinent topics that we just ignore it. You can't reform people like that. I mean if these people go overboard (which DV hasn't yet, in my opinion), then Nigel can boot the person.

My suggestion to DV is to chill out and play some music - perhaps something soothing.

Beakybird

(I hope this is) A final word about this:
I must agree with you all the way Beakybird. Somewhere I did just that in a previous thread. I started replying again in this thread just because I feel I have the right to defend myself if someone insists on perverting my posts.

Best regards

#149258 - 10/23/04 04:06 AM Re: New site for G70 !
digitalvision Offline

Loc: UK
i would have thought personal civility was in order from fellow 'senior' players (im 54) here, however nevermind, peace to you all.

i will leave this thread by just saying 'beware of the crowd factor' and buying advice on forums is about as much use as an ashtray on a motorbike.

regards.

#149259 - 10/23/04 04:50 AM Re: New site for G70 !
Minimix Offline

I don't smoke...

#149260 - 10/23/04 06:00 AM Re: New site for G70 !
to the genesys Offline

The name of this thread was "New site for G70 !" I think that any Critique about the site and whether or not there was some type of creative marketing strategy by who ever, is in order given the name of the thread.

But I suppose all this is moot given previous posts.

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online