SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#149085 - 12/25/02 11:18 AM Sampling Ram for the PSR9000
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Looking for second opinions.
My wife got me 64 megs of sample ram for the PSR9000 for one of my christmas presents. The manual states they should be a matched pair from the same manufacturer. She bought them from the local GC store.
One is The Memorey EDGE and the other is Lifetime Memory Products. They are both 72 pin 32 mg. One has 8 chips on it and the other has two. Jann was told that they were the last two in the store so she bought them. I am very doubtful about installing them. I never mix chips in computer upgrades. How about Keyboards mix and match?
What is the consensus of opinion here on this problem. I appreciate your inputs either pro or con.
Merry Christmas
Bebop

#149086 - 12/25/02 11:59 AM Re: Sampling Ram for the PSR9000
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Bill,
I think you can safely install them: you are not going to do any harm to your keyboard. The worst thing that can happen is that the 9000 won't recognize them, but it's unlikely. Anyway, the Yamaha dedicated RAM is so expensive that it was worth the try however.
Have a great Christmas with Jann and Rocky.
Andrea

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online