SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#148911 - 01/29/06 02:46 PM what keyboard shall i buy for my live performance
gibscorpion Offline

Loc: gibraltar
hi all i started of us a fake keybaord player for a local group but know not only do i like to fake but to sing to but ive been using a korg pax1 pro becuase i fire midies or kar files so i can also sing as i pretend to play,but now i need to get another keybaord aranger and i dont know whats hte best thing out there and im not sure weather to get another korg pax 1 pro or a tyros 2 or a roland g70 it really needs to have a nice larg capacity hard disk to store my midies so anyone what shouled i get to have a good sound and able to show lyrics and able to sound ike the real thing thanks alllllllll

#148912 - 01/29/06 03:34 PM Re: what keyboard shall i buy for my live performance
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Stick with your current keyboard and buy yourself a laptop computer. Then you can display your lyics, play midi files in VanBasco and interface it to the keyboard with a midi cable. Provides you with the ability to play MP3 files as well.

Good Luck,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#148913 - 01/30/06 12:25 AM Re: what keyboard shall i buy for my live performance
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hi There
I have just checked out the features of the Korg in more detail, and a hard disk is available for it, (If not already fitted) also lyrics can be displayed on the screen and with the video interface option, displayed on a separate screen, and before I forget, it will also play Wav and Mp3 files, so have a word with your local dealer.
By the way Midi and Kar files are that small that even a small hard drive will hold thousands of them.
Hope this helps.

Bill

#148914 - 01/30/06 05:44 AM Re: what keyboard shall i buy for my live performance
travlin'easy Offline

Bill,

Yes, you can do all those things, but us old farts have a problem with lousy eyesight. Therefore, reading lyrics, and many other things from the tiny keyboard screen is quite difficult. That's why I recommended the laptop.

Cheers,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

#148915 - 01/30/06 07:16 AM Re: what keyboard shall i buy for my live performance
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
If I'm reading correctly, you are not playing, but faking playing a keyboard. So, just get the cheapest keyboard you can find, a garage sale Casio keyboard will be fine. Then get a Ketron Midjay. It will do all you ask and more.
My REAL opinion is that you should do away with the keyboard, be honest and just stand up and sing along with the background. I'll bet you're not fooling as many people as you think.
DonM

#148916 - 01/30/06 08:12 AM Re: what keyboard shall i buy for my live performance
Vquestor Offline

http://www.hecsaninc.com/pro.html
This should be perfect for you.

#148917 - 01/30/06 08:58 AM Re: what keyboard shall i buy for my live performance
Pacesetter Offline

Great board!!

#148918 - 01/30/06 09:06 AM Re: what keyboard shall i buy for my live performance
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
.... if that teacher comes with it, I'll take 2 !!!
t.

#148919 - 01/30/06 01:10 PM Re: what keyboard shall i buy for my live performance
travlin'easy Offline

Tony,

Lydia is watching!

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online