SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#148873 - 11/01/06 05:14 PM Re: I just bought the Bose PAS... What a waste of time!
Esh Offline

Loc: Hilton Head, SC, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
Jim,

I have a Motionsound KP-100. I keep it in my van for emergencies. I would never use it on the job, and from my experience it's probably the worst sounding amp I've ever used. And, when you look at the internal workings of the KP-100, all of the component parts would not cost $100 retail, and that includes the speakers. It's probably the most overrated, overpriced amp I've come across, and if I would not have been able to garner it at the price I paid, I would have never purchased it. It has never been out of the van, mainly because I have yet to experience a system failure with the Bose or Logitech.

As for stereo, I've said it all before--no one other than those individuals situated within an equalteral triangle of the speakers benefit from stereo--no one. Those situated outside the triangle are subject to an overpowering of the left or right speakers. I want everyone in my audience to hear everything coming from the keyboard. Whether or not I hear stereo is irrelevant.

Gary

Gary;

I don't think I've read a post in recent memory that I disagreed with more.

The KP-100s and the KP-200s are two of the finest amps I've ever had the pleasure of working with in 35+ years. I use my KP-100s at least twice a week and it's still putting out great sound. I can only hope it lasts for years to come. Whatever you do with the KP-100s, or to it, to get such bad results is a a personal issue. I did an outdoor gig at a party on Sunday with the KP-200s alone that sounded great. Both amps are important to me but I wouldn't hesitate to dump them in a second if something better came along... nothing has.

As to stereo... it is my firm belief that the most important and critical person listening is ME. Whatever makes the sound better and more enjoyable for the guy playing is worthwhile. I love stereo but I'll take surround if I can swing it, and I often can. Besides, I believe in acoustic reflection and the more sources for sound the more reflections. While they audience may not be getting the absolute perfect stereo mix form every chair (they'll never know or care anyway) they are individually getting their own unique left/right experience that usually takes either multiple musicians with multiple instruments to achieve or a single musician with multiple speakers. Whatever - IMHO the more musos that use mono, the better I sound. Stereo 4 life.

Esh

#148874 - 11/01/06 05:29 PM Re: I just bought the Bose PAS... What a waste of time!
firehead Offline

Loc: thornwood, n.y. , usa
I owned the PAS for a while and came to the conclusion that is was easier to transport 2 powered speakers and tripods instead. Carrying the two speakers in its cases, the half-moon amplifier is a pain placing on a rock n roller. The easiets carrying part was the sub which you really needed two to get any real boost. I set up easier and faster taking out the two tripods and placing my FBT Maxx4A speakers on them in minutes, plus I get a stereo sound and have 800 watts of power behind me. Can't go wrong.

#148875 - 11/01/06 05:34 PM Re: I just bought the Bose PAS... What a waste of time!
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Firehead,,does that mean "Amen" to DNJ?

#148876 - 11/01/06 05:56 PM Re: I just bought the Bose PAS... What a waste of time!
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
There is one thing we should all keep in mind...We are all friends here..and we have different experiences and opinions...Just because I am always right doesn't lessen your opinions..

Think how boring it would be if we all agreed with everything,

#148877 - 11/01/06 06:22 PM Re: I just bought the Bose PAS... What a waste of time!
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Jim,

When I find a good amp to replace the KP-100, it will go on the For Sale section for $200. The only reason I keep it is because it fits nicely between the van's rear seats. I've only plugged it in and tested it out one time, and that was all I had to hear before placing it in the van for a backup.

Fran,

I may not always be right, but I'm never wrong!

Cheers,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#148878 - 11/01/06 06:29 PM Re: I just bought the Bose PAS... What a waste of time!
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by firehead:
I owned the PAS for a while and came to the conclusion that is was easier to transport 2 powered speakers and tripods instead. Carrying the two speakers in its cases, the half-moon amplifier is a pain placing on a rock n roller. The easiets carrying part was the sub which you really needed two to get any real boost. I set up easier and faster taking out the two tripods and placing my FBT Maxx4A speakers on them in minutes, plus I get a stereo sound and have 800 watts of power behind me. Can't go wrong.

gotta agree with ya M8

#148879 - 11/01/06 07:46 PM Re: I just bought the Bose PAS... What a waste of time!
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
I could sense that the Audience was NOT FEELING THE MUSIC due to the lack of AIR NOT Being pushed

Air is only "pushed" about 10 feet in front of the speaker, so after that .... NO one "feels" it. So ......... the people in that 11 - 150 foot range in front of the stage all get the same ammount of NO air pressure.
With my Bose - the people in front and the people in the back, and the people on the sides, ALL get the clarity of the music ....without blowing away those few in the first 10 feet range.
I love ya Donny, but you'd send a super model packing after 50 gigs too!
My Bose was the single best music investment I ever made.

#148880 - 11/01/06 08:50 PM Re: I just bought the Bose PAS... What a waste of time!
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Dave, you are right as usual. The Bose has set me a step ahead of most everybody else around here. The thing is, I don't care whether anyone else gets one, but it's something you must try for yourself to see if it suits your needs.
You must have an open mind and think outside the box.
The only time in the past 25 years I ever had people asking why my sound wasn't as good as usual was the one night I used HankB's Motionsound amp. I had customers come up and say, "whatever you changed, change it back."
It didn't sound good to me either. Maybe I did something wrong, but I sure wasn't interested in trying it any longer.
DonM

#148881 - 11/02/06 05:00 AM Re: I just bought the Bose PAS... What a waste of time!
Dnj Offline

Dave I think you need to go see Fran's group "Just In Time" perform & you'll see why 1 PAS system could never pull it off on stage in his venues.

As for all you PAS lovers.......enjoy you system,
But after trying one extensively....
I'll remain a TWO Speaker/sub man

man here we go again... this is slowly turning into "My speakers are better then yours" segment versus the original post by Glenn.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 11-02-2006).]

#148882 - 11/02/06 05:07 AM Re: I just bought the Bose PAS... What a waste of time!
Esh Offline

Loc: Hilton Head, SC, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:

My Bose was the single best music investment I ever made.

Didn't I read some time back that you bought two for stereo?

Esh

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online