SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#148853 - 11/01/06 05:56 AM Re: I just bought the Bose PAS... What a waste of time!
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I played an outside auto race track awards ceremony Sunday. This marked the one-year anniversary of my Bose system, as last year I played this same job the first week I had it.
There were perhaps 500 people there. Before the awards, there was a swap meet on the ground behind the stadium. I was up in the grandstand, near the concession stand, and the the people BEHIND me, about 50 feet below me, could clearly hear the music, even though the Bose was faced toward the race track infield, away from them.
At the same time, people in line for food, about five feet in front of the pole, were comfortable carrying on conversations while they waited and enjoyed the music.
It's just amazing.
DonM

#148854 - 11/01/06 06:15 AM Re: I just bought the Bose PAS... What a waste of time!
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Ketron_AJ:
GlennT, I thought I had mentioned this to you in FL

Yes, AJ... as did others. Some things just take a while to sink in.

Glenn

#148855 - 11/01/06 06:29 AM Re: I just bought the Bose PAS... What a waste of time!
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
Congrats Glenn,
I concur with all the accolades that the Bose system is receiving. I'm sure you will be happy with the system. I'm coming up on my third year with the system. I use the L1 and one sub for even small venues as it has a little more punch with the sub. For very large or outdoor venues, I use a second sub. I also use a mini mixer with effects rather than the Bose remote so I can add a little reverb. The Bose tech service is another wonderful feature. I believe that I may have already posted that I had a problem with the amp, called Bose and we couldn't determine the nature of the problem over the phone. Bose sent a new amp/base before my next gig. Ya Can't beat that.
Ciao,
Jerry

#148856 - 11/01/06 06:36 AM Re: I just bought the Bose PAS... What a waste of time!
DonM Offline

Jerry,
That happened to me as well. Called Bose and had a new one the next day.
DonM

#148857 - 11/01/06 06:47 AM Re: I just bought the Bose PAS... What a waste of time!
Dnj Offline

Glenn good luck with the bose.....its a fine mono system for sure.

But Im glad I sold mine ......I couldnt live without the true stereo field seperation on stage using Two speakers/sub, its just personal preference.

have fun.

#148858 - 11/01/06 08:09 AM Re: I just bought the Bose PAS... What a waste of time!
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Congratulations to everyone pleased with the performance of the Bose system.

At my house job, I frequently HIRE a friend,, a country singer, to help out during special events (last week-end for a halloween event-I DON'T do ANY country music). He brings in his Bose. I just don't see the big deal...in fact, it may be his settings, but I just don't like the sound. Plus, the set-up time and number of pieces with sub is just more than I'm willing to haul for a small one-nighter. I just don't see what all the excitement is all about.

Just my prteferences...

Russ

[This message has been edited by captain Russ (edited 11-01-2006).]

#148859 - 11/01/06 08:50 AM Re: I just bought the Bose PAS... What a waste of time!
DonM Offline

Russ, Maybe if you didn't frequently FIRE him, he would learn to set it right!

DonM

#148860 - 11/01/06 08:59 AM Re: I just bought the Bose PAS... What a waste of time!
DonM Offline

I strongly discourage anyone around here from getting a Bose. I want to sound better than they do. Stereo is a limited concept compared to the multi-speaker concept of the Bose.
Awaiting rebuttals from non-Bose-owners,
DonM

#148861 - 11/01/06 09:28 AM Re: I just bought the Bose PAS... What a waste of time!
captain Russ Offline

Loc: Lexington, Ky, USA
Sorry Don...a slip of the fingers...or WAS it?

Man, I'm an opinionated old ****!

Russ

#148862 - 11/01/06 10:02 AM Re: I just bought the Bose PAS... What a waste of time!
Esh Offline

Loc: Hilton Head, SC, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
Stereo is a limited concept compared to the multi-speaker concept of the Bose.

DonM

I agree in principal... for what a single mono Bose L1 w/sub costs you can get a Motion Sound KeyPro stereo amp and two JBL powered EON's and have a high-quality surround-sound system.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online