SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#148662 - 11/26/02 08:29 AM Yamaha KB Registrations: Accessing Styles from the Hard Drive
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
On the PSR2000, when you load a 'Registration Memory Bank' file from floppy, it cannot automatically access linked styles which are located on the floppy disk as well. Consequently, after loading the 'Reg Mem Bank' file, you have to also REMEMBER to manually load (from floppy) its associated style. A PAIN in the butt for sure !

The only way (on the PSR2000) for a style to be automatically accessed via 'Reg Mem Bank' file is if the style is located in the keyboard's 'Preset' or 'User Registration' area.

Ok, so how about Yamaha keyboards (Tyros,PSR9000pro & PSR9000) outfitted with a hard drive?

1) Can a 'Reg Mem Bank' file automatically access/load 'styles' located on the hard drive?

2) Can a 'Reg Mem Bank' file be stored anywhere (user reg memory, hard drive, or floppy) and still automatically access 'styles' located on the hard drive?

Thanks in advance for help in clearing this up for me.

Scott

#148663 - 11/26/02 09:44 AM Re: Yamaha KB Registrations: Accessing Styles from the Hard Drive
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by 'Barrie' from the Yahoo Groups Tyros Forum:

Yes, is the short answer, which is good news. Whenever you save a registration on the Tyros it also saves the
location of the associated style. You can have styles and registrations saved in any combinatiom of the 'disk' locations (user
drive, floppy drive or hard drive).

What is really handy is that you can store a registration/style combination on the same floppy disk and then just use it in another Tyros.

If you change the location of a style, say, copy a style from a user drive to a hard drive or floppy, you may have to change registrations using that style.

On my Tyros, I have stored all my styles and registrations on the hard drive. I have then copied my favourite folders of registrations on to the user drive simply because that is the default panel when you hit the 'registration bank' button and it's quicker to get at them that way.

Using styles and registrations from a floppy drive is a bit slower than from a hard drive, but well within acceptable limits. - Barrie

Many thanks to Barrie for providing such a detailed (and clear) answer. I'm really looking forward to getting my Tyros. - Scott

#148664 - 11/26/02 10:35 AM Re: Yamaha KB Registrations: Accessing Styles from the Hard Drive
svpworld Offline

Loc: UK
I just done a test on the tyros, guess you could call it a TT, "tyros test" :-)
I created several registrations, one using a preset style, another using a style from flash memory (user), another using a harddrive style. I also used voices from presets and user memory. Saved the registration to user flash memory and switched off tyros. Turned on, loaded the bank and everything worked fine!!!

------------------
http://www.svpworld.com

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online