Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#148606 - 08/05/05 06:01 PM Re: Fran - Nice to meet you in person
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by George Kaye:
Dave, On the Yamaha PSR3000 and Tyros you can play a midifile and while it is playing you can select any style or variation available and push the start button for the style section and the drum track used for the song file will be substituted for the current style and variation selected and the tempo will be sync'd to the song tempo. You can select any of the four variations and fill ins and they will change in real time while the song plays. At anytime you can hit the stop button and the original drum track will play and vice versa.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California

Thanks George. That makes sense and it is kind of cool.

Best Regards,

Dave

------------------
Wm. David McMahan
Nat'l Product and Support Manager
Generalmusic USA
GEM Community Forums

#148607 - 08/05/05 06:03 PM Re: Fran - Nice to meet you in person
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by trident:
In a previous post in another thread, I said to Domenik of Lionstracs to watch people like Dave doing their job, using the forum to promote their products without resorting in fights.

I am glad to be right
Theodore

Hi Theodore,

I have read your post several times and have decided that you are saying a positive thing about me. I hope I am correct.

Thanks.

Best Regards,

Dave

------------------
Wm. David McMahan
Generalmusic USA
GEM Community Forums

#148608 - 08/06/05 12:30 AM Re: Fran - Nice to meet you in person
jamman Offline

Loc: City of Angels in the golden s...
Quote:
Originally posted by WDMcM:
Thanks George. That makes sense and it is kind of cool.

Best Regards,

Dave

It is a great feature.
think about it-all those poorly written (esply those that are free on the net)drum tracks of SMF songs will be replaced by arranger's styles(and fills and variations) in real time.
Meaning your rock style drums(on SMF) can become a latin style/fills /variations with latin kit in realtime or can be a funk style with another button.I think it's a major feature.why can't others follow that route yet?

#148609 - 08/06/05 01:44 AM Re: Fran - Nice to meet you in person
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
DAVE......, YES,
it is absolutely positive, sometimes it is hard for me to to express exactly what I mean (in any language, including my own ). The post in question was to show Domenic "role models", what to do, what to not do, so he could be better in passing news here about his product. Something you do very well in my opinion.

check this:
http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/010918-2.html

scroll down to the middle of the page to see my original post
Theodore

[This message has been edited by trident (edited 08-06-2005).]

#148610 - 08/06/05 05:23 AM Re: Fran - Nice to meet you in person
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by trident:
DAVE......, YES,
it is absolutely positive,

Well in that case....Thanks again!

Dave

------------------
Wm. David McMahan
Generalmusic USA
GEM Community Forums

#148611 - 08/06/05 07:11 AM Re: Fran - Nice to meet you in person
zuki Offline

Dave - I think it's impressive that you are such a positive ambassador for your company, without slamming the competition. Generalmusic should be grateful to have a dedicated employee that is willing to keeping plugging away - especially since it appears that you are going solo
zuki

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#148612 - 08/06/05 10:06 AM Re: Fran - Nice to meet you in person
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by zuki:
Dave - I think it's impressive that you are such a positive ambassador for your company, without slamming the competition. Generalmusic should be grateful to have a dedicated employee that is willing to keeping plugging away - especially since it appears that you are going solo
zuki

Thanks Zuki!

I always say (and believe) that most all of the instruments out there are good and each has their strong points. You know that old saying "if you don't have something nice to say....." well I kind of like that saying. There is just no point in bashing another product. When someone does product bashing, to me that says they are afraid that their product doesn't compete.

BTW- If you are out and about tonight with nothing to do, my band is playing at Chamberlin Park in Deer Park at Plainfield and Matson Rd. from 8 to 12. It is some kind of festival, which of course means there will be lukewarm, low alcoholic content beer for $4.00 and funnel cakes soaked in 3 week old fish stick oil. Mmmm Mmmm!!! But at least the music will be good, as long as we can keep the guitar player quiet.

Best Regards,

Dave

------------------
Wm. David McMahan
Generalmusic USA
GEM Community Forums

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online