SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#148474 - 03/23/05 10:57 PM Re: OT: I had a scary medical emergency last night!!!!!!
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Hi Squeak:

I concur with Tony Rome completely.

Even if not for your sake -- do it for your wife and your daughter. I'm sure they'll be happy to have you around a little longer. The time to get medical insurance is now. As it is, neglecting to get it in the past is probably going to cost you as I'm sure they'll take a look at your immediate past medical history. But if you wait longer, it will just get more expensive.

And I don't understand your logic. I'm not trying to be rude - in fact if I didn't really care I wouldn't say anything at all.

You say that you are teaching your wife how to read the vital signs. What on Earth will that help you if you're having a heart attack and you're going to send aways the EMTs again?!?! I mean if you're in a real heart attack you'll have two choices: go to the hospital and pay or die. If its the latter, why are you even teaching the signs to your wife. If its the former, you can only SAVE by buying medical insurance.

I will say a prayer for you in the morning. I hope you do get better. This forum is a community and we don't want to see anyone leaving -- even for a better place

Chony

#148475 - 03/24/05 12:08 PM Re: OT: I had a scary medical emergency last night!!!!!!
Sheriff Offline

Loc: Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany
Squeak!
I'm glad to hear that you're okay after this shock!!!
There were many people who died by a heart beat of 180 and upper - YOU GOT 240!!!!!!!!!!
Please, be smart and listen to the good advices of the experienced!

...and get well soon!!!
Danny

#148476 - 03/24/05 12:25 PM Re: OT: I had a scary medical emergency last night!!!!!!
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
squeak .... ERs HAVE to take you even if you do not have the ability to pay .... get the medical treatment you need and you can spend the rest of your life paying it off ... at least you will still have a LIFE ... I've got a number of years on you and by no means am I going to take the attitude "I've lived a good portion of my life already ..... "
There is an old saying "To the world you are one person, but to one person you may be the world" ... What ever it takes, get the proper medical attention NOW !!!
t.

#148477 - 03/24/05 02:34 PM Re: OT: I had a scary medical emergency last night!!!!!!
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Everyone seems to be referring to your age. I'm curious... how old are you?

#148478 - 03/26/05 09:44 PM Re: OT: I had a scary medical emergency last night!!!!!!
Mosiqaar Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA, USA
Hi Squeak, glad to hear you got out of that one alive. I don't think I have anything to add to what has been said so far, but I agree with everyone about having insurance.

If its too expensive now, put it on a "no interest for 1 year" credit card offer
(plenty of those if you have good credit, try 'bank one' or 'capital one' or 'chase'). This way for a few months until your wife's insurance gets better coverage and less payment, all you have to do is pay the minimum payment on your credit card (which is usually very low) and you will have a year (or what ever months the credit card gives you) to make better plans and hopefully by then you will be elgible for better insurance plan from your wife's job.

Best of luck!

[This message has been edited by Mosiqaar (edited 03-26-2005).]

#148479 - 03/27/05 02:39 AM Re: OT: I had a scary medical emergency last night!!!!!!
nardoni2002 Offline

Loc: malaga, spain
don,t take this the wrong way but,,,,are you a man or a mouse(squeak-d)?don,t worry about the cost,get your priorities right, you have too many people who CARE for you and RELY ON YOU,ACT NOW you will be glad you did, you only get ONE life,mike

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online