SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#148464 - 03/23/05 02:39 PM Re: OT: I had a scary medical emergency last night!!!!!!
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
Squeak, we are about the same age and, if I was you, I wouldn't even take the time to post, I would go STRAIGHT to the doctor, no calls or other niceties.
The only thing that should be going on 240 bpm in your house is the drum machine you bought.
Hope it is not serious and it doesn't have any lasting effects on you.
Get well soon,
Theodore

#148465 - 03/23/05 03:19 PM Re: OT: I had a scary medical emergency last night!!!!!!
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
How did the EMS people leave without taking you to a hospital ER??? ...
squeak, as everyone else has said GET YOURSELF CHECKED OUT, NOW!!!
t.

#148466 - 03/23/05 03:44 PM Re: OT: I had a scary medical emergency last night!!!!!!
OldNewb Offline

Loc: Shorewood Wi. USA
I have had an aicd (automatic implantable cardioverter defibrillator for the last 3 years and it had never been needed. except for it's normal pacing, until the end of January I had an episode. My heart rate got up to 270 before when my aicd charged up and fired a shock to my heart that I'll never forget. I was essentially fine after that. Went to see my doctor etc.
Anyways, If I had not had that working aicd in my chest I would not be writing this now. I'd be dead.

Squeek, Don't waste any time! Get to a cardiologist as soon as you can!!!

I will be praying for you, and please keep us informed. Ok Buddy?
Take care!

------------------
The old Newb

#148467 - 03/23/05 04:36 PM Re: OT: I had a scary medical emergency last night!!!!!!
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Thanks for everyone's concerns. The problem is that my wife's insurance at her work (currently) is too high for us to get. (of course my daughter is the only one we have insurance for at the moment). She has a federal job, and she's been working it for nearly 6 months now. However since she's only been there for 6 months, the insurance for US is VERY VERY VERY expensive, and the coverage isn't all that great. She'll be eligable for the good stuff this fall.

tony mads, The EMT's were trying everything they could to get me to go to the hospital, but that alone would have run us several thousands of dollars just for the ER trip and tests. I signed a waiver before they left saying they suggested I go, but refused. Just having the ambulance come over and perform their tests is going to cost me over $400.

I do know this problem is serious, and possibly yesterday's event was an early warning for something bigger coming. That's why given our current situation with medical insurance I've prepared my wife in the event of the big one hitting. When I was 23 years old I was working in a nursing home as a "certified nursing assistant", so I do have some medical training. I'm currently teaching my wife how to take vital signs and how to perform a manual blood pressure reading. This way in the event that something big happens over the next few months she'll be able to give the EMT's a head start by knowing my vitals.

Again, thanks everyone for your concerns. I'm just going to have to take it one step at a time until we can get the full coverage insurance from her work. I do have a good life insurance policy on myself, and my main conern is my baby girl. All medical coverage is currently on her. I've lived a good portion of my life already, and she's just starting Of course I want to be there to see her grow up, but what can I do right now?

Squeak

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 03-23-2005).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#148468 - 03/23/05 04:53 PM Re: OT: I had a scary medical emergency last night!!!!!!
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Squeak, really sorry to hear of your bout last night (must have been really scary). I'm no expert on the subject but I know of a friend (in her late twenties) who suffered from a panic-anxiety disorder which produced similar symptoms. She would frequently wake up in the middle of the night (and out of nowhere) her heart would begin beating wildly for no explainable reason whatsoever. This would last an hour or longer and then subside. It was discovered by her doctors after extensive tests that her physical health (& heart) was fine, but that she was actually experiencing severe panic-anxiety attacks. Interestingly enough she was not conscious of an specific anxiety-worry at the onset of the attack. Thru treatment & therapy, she now no longer experiences panic attacks. Squeak, I'm certainly not suggesting this is the case with you, but it's one possibility to consider when you discuss this with your doctor. Here a link to more on panic attacks & axiety disorder: http://www.anxietypanic.com/

Squeak, I hope you are able to get to the bottom of the problem. Good luck.

Scott

#148469 - 03/23/05 06:15 PM Re: OT: I had a scary medical emergency last night!!!!!!
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:
Thanks for everyone's concerns. The problem is that my wife's insurance at her work (currently) is too high for us to get. (of course my daughter is the only one we have insurance for at the moment). She has a federal job, and she's been working it for nearly 6 months now. However since she's only been there for 6 months, the insurance for US is VERY VERY VERY expensive, and the coverage isn't all that great. She'll be eligable for the good stuff this fall.

tony mads, The EMT's were trying everything they could to get me to go to the hospital, but that alone would have run us several thousands of dollars just for the ER trip and tests. I signed a waiver before they left saying they suggested I go, but refused. Just having the ambulance come over and perform their tests is going to cost me over $400.

I do know this problem is serious, and possibly yesterday's event was an early warning for something bigger coming. That's why given our current situation with medical insurance I've prepared my wife in the event of the big one hitting. When I was 23 years old I was working in a nursing home as a "certified nursing assistant", so I do have some medical training. I'm currently teaching my wife how to take vital signs and how to perform a manual blood pressure reading. This way in the event that something big happens over the next few months she'll be able to give the EMT's a head start by knowing my vitals.

Again, thanks everyone for your concerns. I'm just going to have to take it one step at a time until we can get the full coverage insurance from her work. I do have a good life insurance policy on myself, and my main conern is my baby girl. All medical coverage is currently on her. I've lived a good portion of my life already, and she's just starting Of course I want to be there to see her grow up, but what can I do right now?

Squeak

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 03-23-2005).]

Squeak!!!!! Do you really mean to tell me that you want to put a price on your life and living...Man, money is just money, I should think that you would place a higher value on your life...you say that you want to be there to see your daughter grow up, then DAM-IT do it...there is enough social services and health subsidies that could off-set some of the cost or extend it out over a
period of time...are you a vet? check with some of the hospitals...SORRY for speaking so blunt Squeak, however I think that you better rearrange your priorities my friend...
don't think about training your wife or your life insurance...think about HANGING AROUND and taking care of your family by living a long life with them...maybe we should as a forum see about being able to by a group policy that would be reasonable...Hell, we must have a few thousand members, that should count for something...Nigel, is there any way to check it out???? Meanwhile Squeak,
get your a$$ to a Dr. and pay him later..hell
the illegal immigrants do it....

#148470 - 03/23/05 07:22 PM Re: OT: I had a scary medical emergency last night!!!!!!
bruno123 Online   content

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
Squeak,
I have been there, I understand, it is frightening. It repeated from time to time over a period of three years.
The time was stressfull, it was in the middle of my seperating with my wife. I was shown some methods of controling the heart beat. And I do not mean for you to handle your won problem -- get help -- get into understanding YOU!

I agree with "get to a doctor". I did get my heart under control, but not before I realized I was the cause. I guess you might say, it's not what my heart is doing to me, but what I am doing to it!!

#148471 - 03/23/05 07:32 PM Re: OT: I had a scary medical emergency last night!!!!!!
Pennywizz6 Offline

Loc: Shakopee, MN, USA
Your far too young Man! Im glad your "ok" but you should do something about it! Its a very serious matter, I know from my stepdad who had sudden cardiac arrest, luckly he didnt die, but even so its very hard to go through. Although I know getting it checked out is exspensive, waiting may be wise financially, but its something you may need to fork some money over no matter what the price. Wish you the best and only the best.

Phil

[This message has been edited by Pennywizz6 (edited 03-23-2005).]

#148472 - 03/23/05 08:28 PM Re: OT: I had a scary medical emergency last night!!!!!!
zuki Offline

Squeak,
The heart does this to unexpected people. It is an electrical imbalance. It is not fatal. If it happens again, you are to pour ice cold water on your face, neck, etc., as to shock it to a regular beat until emergency medical assistance arrives. Another tactic is to hold your breath as long as possible and exhale hard. What meds do in extreme case is to medically stop and restart the heart to its proper rhythym. It is very scary.
zuki

Studio: Korg PA4X/Yamaha DGX670/Boss BR900CD/Tascam DP24SD/MTM Iloud/Sony C80/AGK 214/K&M stand

#148473 - 03/23/05 09:25 PM Re: OT: I had a scary medical emergency last night!!!!!!
Vquestor Offline

Squeak,
Glad to hear you are better.
Perhaps you can look into a county hospital
near you that will not be that expensive.
You really should have a cardiologist look at
you.
I remember I use to have a heart rate monitor
I received as a gift, for physical fitness (increasing cardiovascular endurance). It was some kind of band that went under your arms around your chest, and had a wireless wristwatch that gave a heart rate readout.
Perhaps you can get something like that to
keep a watch on your heartrate.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online