SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#148408 - 12/02/02 09:24 AM Next keyboard selection in progress
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I just talked to the Ketron Rep in Texas. He is bringing a Vega and SD1 for me to try out. Also the Tyros should arrive at my dealer's store in the next few days. (So that I will be able to eliminate it from consideration, I hope).
You know, I've had this 2000 for over a year, which may set a record for me. I only got it as an interim keyboard. I like it more and more.
DonM

#148409 - 12/02/02 10:34 AM Re: Next keyboard selection in progress
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
(subliminal message from UD .........)
xd9.......xd9.........xd9.............xd9...

#148410 - 12/02/02 10:53 AM Re: Next keyboard selection in progress
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Come on Don! You know that the 2000 is little more that an beefed up Casio. Buy that new board, take the hit on the depreciation, and sell it to me in 9 months. I think I want the Tyros.

Tom

Tom

#148411 - 12/02/02 05:07 PM Re: Next keyboard selection in progress
trtjazz Offline

Don,
All boards are just interim stop gaps until you come to your Tyros senses.....I think even UD will come around after he'll hear some of the work that will be produced by others here.
Terry

#148412 - 12/02/02 05:23 PM Re: Next keyboard selection in progress
DonM Offline

How anyone can possible pay a lot of money for a keyboard without ever seeing it, or at least having full return rights, is beyond me.
The Tyros may be truly wonderful, but to me it is still not available, so doesn't exist yet.
Even if I like it and think it's wonderful, I won't get one now, because I will wait to see what bugs are there, what advertising promises were false, and what corrections, if any are made.
Cheat me once, shame on you. Cheat me twice, shame on me.
DonM

#148413 - 12/02/02 05:30 PM Re: Next keyboard selection in progress
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Terry,
Don't bet the big money on THAT one. I won't get anything withoput speakers AND inputs again.It's just too counter-productive for my needs. If I set up another full time studio (snif, snif....)I could consider a "mute" board, but not while I'm still singin' for my supper on the road each night. I need what I need, WHEN I need it.
(Sallyism)

#148414 - 12/02/02 06:15 PM Re: Next keyboard selection in progress
Clif Anderson Offline

UD,

Inputs? Which ones doesn't the Tyros have and what do you use them for? I am guessing stereo audio ins for the Vocalist so you don't need a mixer, but I am not sure.

Clif

#148415 - 12/02/02 07:52 PM Re: Next keyboard selection in progress
DonM Offline

Clif,
UD's Korg, with the optional vocal card, has two inputs so you can use a guitar and mic at the same time. I'm assuming the Tyros has one, similar to the PSRs.
DonM

[This message has been edited by DonM (edited 12-02-2002).]

#148416 - 12/02/02 08:55 PM Re: Next keyboard selection in progress
trtjazz Offline

Don,
I bought it sight unseen with a 45 day get all your money back policy. I did that based on several things....
1. Yammies reputation with ME
2. My 100% satisfaction with a 9k
3. The demos
4. The specs
5. The europeans who have gotten them and I have yet to see anything more than I wish 's of any import.

So to me it is little or no gamble based on those factors. If you are speaking of the 2k fiasco by cheating you, IMO you're comparing apples to oranges and by the Tyros that are out there in circulation now, we know those issues not to be the case, but buy one or not either way is of little or no consequence to me.

UD,
I wouldn't even bet small money on it because it doesn't matter to me what you play, only that what you play does it for you and you keep making music. So whatever you choose to play for whatever reasons is fine by me.

If everyone plays a Tyros then it will all start to sound too much the same, different styles/genres not withstanding.
jam on,
Terry

#148417 - 12/02/02 10:16 PM Re: Next keyboard selection in progress
DonM Offline

Terry,
You did right, getting the 45-day return deal. I'm sure the Tyros is a step up from the 2000, and as such will be an excellent keyboard. I'm just not going to be a Beta tester again!
It may be perfect as delivered. Let me know, o.k?
Don

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online