Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#14816 - 08/20/06 11:20 AM "Glenn Miller" style disks
Giovanni Offline

Loc: Norwich Norfolk England
Hi Gem friends World wide .
Can anyone help please !!!!
I'm at last getting to grips with the XP module and now that the styles which are on the set up cd are loaded into the XP I can see and hear that many are of a very high standard .

The western movie theme style cries out for the "good the Bad and the ugly" so this will go back in the play list after an absence of about 20years or so !!
The set of styles that I really feel are missing from this first class XP module is the Glenn Miller styles .
By this i mean the classic miller hits :-
In the Mood , moonlight serenade , Tuxedo Junction , American patrol, chattanooga choo choo . etc ....... and i mean just hit the intro button and the audience is left in no doubt the tune you are going to play and when the ending button is pressed they know that they are hearing the "correct ending " for lets say in the Mood !!!!
Whilst i would not expect them to be in the XP module as standard factory installed soft ware .
The styles should be readily available to purchase ??? as extra style disks !!

The Glenn Miller Genre music is still popular world wide and firms like Yamaha (and the late and great Technics ) made sure this segment of the market was satisfied .

I would welcome any comments (including the GEM company )

Did Gem ever include these style on their earlier models , if so are they still available ,will they play on the XP If anyone still has these style are they willing to share these styles ???.

Regards ..............Giovanni

#14817 - 08/23/06 08:55 AM Re: "Glenn Miller" style disks
donpatt Offline

Loc: Lufkin, TX.
Hi Giovanni,

Did you see where a guy on the general arranger forum here on SZ converted 600+ BIAB styles to Yamaha Tyros 2? He made them available for download on the Making Styles Group on Yahoo. I tried to convert one to GEM Genesy in the demo version of EMC Styleworks that I have. I think it worked but I still havn't figured how to save a style properly. In other words, it worked in the EMC style player but I couldn't download it to the XP.

Thought since you have EMC universal you might try it. Could be the answer to your Glenn Miller search, or partial answer.

I would be interested if it works and would like to hear a sample. I will send you one style in particular that I would like to hear converted if you have time. Enter the style qas yamaha tyros 4 variation and see if it works at all!

Regards,
Don

#14818 - 09/05/06 12:57 AM Re: "Glenn Miller" style disks
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Giovanni,
I converted a few of my old styles. Don't know if they've worked as I don't own a Gem & I can't test them.
They could be total rubbish, hopefully not.
http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/makingstyles/files/General%20Music/WK8%20Glen%20Miller/

best wishes
Rikki
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Giovanni:
[B]Hi

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#14819 - 09/05/06 07:14 AM Re: "Glenn Miller" style disks
donpatt Offline

Hi Rikki, Giovanni, and Group,

Thanks Rikki, all of the MILLER styles worked for me. I'm curious as to what they were converted from because I didn't have any of the drum glitches we've talked about on earlier converts. GREAT JOB!!!

I emailed Giovanni the link as well as the folder.

Regards,
Don

#14820 - 09/06/06 03:22 PM Re: "Glenn Miller" style disks
sonola Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA USA
Don and Rikki: Are these styles useable on a Genesys XP? I downloaded them and copied all the bank folders to a floppy, inserted the floppy in the Genesys XP and was only able to do a multicopy to the hard drive. The XP doesn't seem to recognize any style info? Don, did you yesy them on a GEM product? Thanks

Hank

#14821 - 09/06/06 07:03 PM Re: "Glenn Miller" style disks
donpatt Offline

Hi Hank and Group,

YES, Hank, I have a GEM XP.

If I understand you correctly, you are trying to load the BANK folders. I can't say that doesn't work, but I can say what works for me!

In order to load the styles you must have them in a folder *.ALL. Could be HANK.ALL or whatever, then there should be a sub folder PSTYLES.OO2, then the BANK folders. All these contents must be loaded. If the *.ALL folder is inside another folder, eliminate that folder. If the *.ALL folder and the sub folder PSTYLES.002 do not exist, create them and place the BANK.*** folders in them.

There are not many styles in the ST_DANCE folder that I care for. So I want to load the BBANDWK8.ALL styles which are the latest from RIKKI. I open the BBANDWK8.ALL folder and then open the PSTLES.002 folder and change the BANK folder numbers to the numbers that correspond to the BANK folders in the ST_DANCE.ALL folder, i.e. BANK.030, 031, 03A, 03C, 037 etc.,and when I load the new styles. They go into the place of the ST_DANCE folder. If there is a particular group of styles that are not your favorites this procedure should work. Just change the BANK numbers to match.

Hope this helps, and is not to confusing

Regards,
Don

[This message has been edited by donpatt (edited 09-06-2006).]

#14822 - 09/06/06 08:52 PM Re: "Glenn Miller" style disks
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Hank,
unfortunately I don't actually own a General Music instrument, I just run the Making Style group. Don & Jerry happened to mention there weren't many free gem styles around, so I offered to convert some of my style collection to gem format using EMC software. (I'm currently a Ketron owner.)
Hopefully Don's explantion will help.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by sonola:
[b]

[This message has been edited by rikkisbears (edited 09-06-2006).]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#14823 - 09/07/06 04:00 AM Re: "Glenn Miller" style disks
sonola Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA USA
Thanks Don. I understand your explanation and will give it a try later today.

#14824 - 09/07/06 09:19 AM Re: "Glenn Miller" style disks
Giovanni Offline

Loc: Norwich Norfolk England
Thanks Don for thinking about the Glenn Miller styles .
Special thanks to
rikki for converting them for us .
My Question is this :-
At the moment I don't want to replace any of the style i have on the XP module .

All i want to do is load each of the "Glenn miller styles into the machine and have a good listen to them !!
If they are what I require I would want to save them in the user memories section .

So how do I carry out this procedure ????

regards to you all .... Giovanni

#14825 - 09/07/06 11:24 AM Re: "Glenn Miller" style disks
donpatt Offline

Hi XP Group,

I think that will work Hank let me know.

Giovanni I'm certain you can just copy the BBANDWK8.All styles to the hard drive without loading them. And the store them in memory. I've never stored anything in memory as of yet. This is probably a Dave M. question. Let me know what you find out.

Regards,
Don

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online