SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#148091 - 06/11/07 11:06 AM Re: share market in arrangers business
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Paolo is correct.
When I was in Ancona, Italy back in 2002 on a trip for dealers paid for by Generalmusic, I was amazed at not only the beauty of the Country, but just how many factories and manufactures were all around the area.
Walking through one of I think 5 production facilities for Generalmusic, I was walking by a room filled with Ketron XD9 and Vega plastic frames, which had just been painted and silkscreened. One of my tour guides didn't want me to notice, but I did, and I was told that Ketron doesn't have the facilities to produce every part of their keyboards and so they contract with Generalmusic for parts of their products.
Very interesting, but we do the same thing here in the USA and I would imagine, as Paolo stated, so does Japan and other areas of the world. We certainly know China makes things in their factories for dozens of brands with different names.
Generalmusic has bought out many of the old organ companies from the 60's and 70's and converted these production sites to manufacture their products.

------------------
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
818-881-5566
www.kayesmusicscene.com
(Retired 2021)

#148092 - 06/12/07 01:31 AM Re: share market in arrangers business
adimatis Offline

Loc: Oradea, RO
it's getting interesting.
definitely, some parts of different arrangers i can see being manufactured togheter, but some others, i think i'd be amazed to see it done in the same huge hall, with 50-100 workers and several ribbon straps taking the parts and finalised products all over the place!
man, i'd love to see a video of the production line!
and about GEM and ketron... i already had the feeling these two share something in common. i dont know why, but after all, they might have some common engineers and designers...
but i have a problem seeing roland and yamaha in the same production room! ...

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online