SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#147969 - 10/28/02 02:23 PM oberservations on life baseball and other stuff
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
ok ....THE WORLD SERIES IS OVER ............

I sure am glad because I am tried of all the questions that FOX ask the audience .

Q. would you walk barry bonds
Q. would you change pitchers

I do not care ...I just want to watch the game . I am not going to run to my computer and vote .
And the people who do vote , go to the polls not your computer !

One other thing .....WHY DO THE TV networks want to interview family members who knew the sniper ? The sniper's aunt was on this morning saying " I still love him " and "I thought he would never do anything like this " . Give me a break !

How about interviewing the people who lost family members to this maniac !

BTW .....I do not care about Emmit Smith breaking the rushing record over Walter Payton . Walter Payton was a much more dynamic running back than Emmit Smith .
Walter Payton can rest in peace over this !

dano

------------------
danosmusic@yahoo.com

#147970 - 10/28/02 04:17 PM Re: oberservations on life baseball and other stuff
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Dan: I agree with you, but hey, I'm still licking my wounds and drying my tears over our Giants defeat, and the distinct possibility that we may lose Dusty Baker next year. Still, I send my congratualations to the Angels team for performing so well & winning, but just WAIT till NEXT year guys

Btw: speaking of TV sports broadcast gripes: I appreciate instant replays, but I hate how they flash up all those cutaway shots, expecting to see an instant replay, but instead seeing something from another game entirely, or even another season. That imo can really destroy the impact (focus) on the 'current' play and can even confuse the TV viewer about what is going on. I suspect that the networks show flashbacks, conduct audience polls, flashing trivia, sound & visual efx etc, because they think Amercians now have very short attention spans. What happened to good ol fashioned baseball? Curious how others feel about this.

Scott

#147971 - 10/28/02 05:49 PM Re: oberservations on life baseball and other stuff
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Scott ,

Thanks for reminding me .....the FAN CAM has got to go . All the pull away shots at fans was a waste of space .

How about the glasses the ANGELS pitchers wear ? No wonder they pitch well .

WHO IS JOE BUCK ANYWAY ?

Jon Miller + Joe Morgan are much better commentators .

We used to have Jon Miller here in Baltimore !

Just trying to let off some steam !

dano

------------------
danosmusic@yahoo.com

#147972 - 10/28/02 09:38 PM Re: oberservations on life baseball and other stuff
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
E * A * G * L * E * S .............

(say it !)

#147973 - 10/29/02 05:12 AM Re: oberservations on life baseball and other stuff
B2 Offline

Loc: Westfield, Massachesetts, USA
Dano....I used to live in baltimore and attended many oriole games...where is Jon Miller these days anyways??? BTW...I have never enjoyed Foxes coverage on any sport...they used the tail to track pucks in hockey....helmet cams, fan cams, and that pregame piece they put together prior to the final world series game was a piece of garbage..kinda like the rest of their network IMO....one more observation...from the cockpit...why do the navy and marines insist on flying by during the star spangled banner with their tail hooks down??? And I agree with Scott...what's up with Donnely's glasses??

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online