SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#147830 - 12/03/06 09:38 PM Re: BIAB users Check out some of the new 2007 functions.
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Thanks, Bernie; are there also "Bossa Brush" styles?

#147831 - 12/04/06 10:59 AM Re: BIAB users Check out some of the new 2007 functions.
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Dreamer,
hopefully this link will work, gives a listing of the drums. http://www.pgmusic.com/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=116302&an=0&page=0&gonew=1#UNREAD

I was glad I found it as, I hadn't realized till then that I didn't receive a complete megapak download. ie my drums 3 & soundtrack fakebook was not included in my download links.

The download is made up of over a dozen seperate items, so anyone considering buying , just make sure they've given you a complete set of links to whatever package you purchase.

They've probably been run off their feet. haahaa.
best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer:
Thanks, Bernie; are there also "Bossa Brush" styles?

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#147832 - 12/04/06 12:11 PM Re: BIAB users Check out some of the new 2007 functions.
Dreamer Offline

Hi Rikki!
I have placed today an order for BIAB 2007 with the MegaPAK (actually the 25 Bonus PAK) and have already downloaded my files, waiting for the CDs to arrive with the snail mail (actually UPS).
Can't believe how authentic those brush styles sound!
Thanks a lot for alerting us to this one, which sounds like the best BIAB upgrade ever!

#147833 - 12/04/06 12:32 PM Re: BIAB users Check out some of the new 2007 functions.
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Deamer,
just double check the "drums" folders
after you've got biab up & running. I only ordered the basic mega pak, though now I wish I'd ordered the 25pak, mainly because it has the additional drums.

Personally I'm missing some things so
I sent them the following email,
1. I am missing Soundtrack 2 Fake Book.

2. Just realized I didn't get a link for Real Drums 3.

3. Missing Country Even 8 Drums( have folder & notes but no drum files.

4. Missing Reggae Drum files 120,160,180( have notes & folder only) Yet I have the other 3 complete.

Be interested to know if you get all the above ok, & whether it was just my download. The downloads are so huge.

No doubt they'll get back to me fairly soon, they're usually great with their customer service.

The brush styles are brilliant aren't they.
Gives BIAB styles a whole different sound.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dreamer:
[B]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#147834 - 12/04/06 01:54 PM Re: BIAB users Check out some of the new 2007 functions.
Dreamer Offline

Hi Rikki,
I just checked some of the drum waves in Soundforge and... they are stereo! Since it's possibile to make one's own styles, this means that you can load stereo drums or percussion samples from one of the many CDs commercially available! Great news indeed and let's hope that the arranger manufacturers will implement more and more this feature, that adds so much to the realism of a style.

#147835 - 12/04/06 08:16 PM Re: BIAB users Check out some of the new 2007 functions.
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Dreamer,
I know you asked the question, never occurred to me to check it thru soundforge.
I have an old copy floating around that came with my acid 4 software. Must try loading it in to my laptop. I've never actually gotten round to using it. At least I may have finally found a use for it.

I actually bought a Drums on Demand CD last year ( jazz brushes, of all things) to try & create loops for my sd1. The drums on my sd1+ are pretty good anyway so I never persevered. The one cd cost me more than my biab megapak upgrade, so talk about value for money.

Hopefully pg music keeps bringing more & more of them out.

What are you using as a soundsource?
So far I've tried it with the VSC3 dxi, soundfonts, & the sd1.

best wishes
Rikki
Quote:
Originally posted by Dreamer:
Hi Rikki,
I just checked some of the drum waves in Soundforge and... they are stereo! Since it's possibile to make one's own styles, this means that you can load stereo drums or percussion samples from one of the many CDs commercially available! Great news indeed and let's hope that the arranger manufacturers will implement more and more this feature, that adds so much to the realism of a style.

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#147836 - 12/05/06 02:20 AM Re: BIAB users Check out some of the new 2007 functions.
Dreamer Offline

Rikki,
I too have the Drums on Demand CDs and agree that, by comparison, BIAB is a real bargain; however, the DoD loops are really good and I am thinking to use them to create my own BIAB "Real Drums".
Speaking of sound sources, in the past I never worried about them and have always used the PC soundcard (Creative Audigy Platinum). However, the Real Drums are so good that for the first time I feel the need of more sounds of the same quality. My choices presently are: either one of my modules (Yamaha Motif ES rack, Fantom XR, Ketron Midjay) or hook the PC directly to my Tyros 2. I assume that BIAB will send the correct program change numbers for every style and they should call the appropriate sounds within the GM bank: am I correct?
However, I don't think that I will need more than a bass and maybe a rhytm guitar. In fact, when using a style, I am always afraid to use too many rhytm tracks, for fear of sounding canned, so I tend to keep the base to a minimum.
Ciao!

#147837 - 12/05/06 04:03 AM Re: BIAB users Check out some of the new 2007 functions.
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
I have BIAB 2006 and it's great for creating lead sheets. Since I use a Tyros2 with the lead sheets, and then sometimes export styles to the Tyros, I wonder how I can use the Real Drums on the Tyros? I guess it's not possible.

I see the upgrade from 2006 to 2007 is only $49 bucks and that's a great deal.

Al

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#147838 - 12/05/06 09:06 AM Re: BIAB users Check out some of the new 2007 functions.
Dreamer Offline

Al
the basic upgrade is 49 §, but if you want all the Real Drums you need the 25-PAK upgrade (you get also a few bonus RD styles, aside from volumes 1-3, with it). If you want to know which styles are within which volume, follow the link Rikki gave earlier in this same thread.
Speaking of Real Drums and Tyros 2, I think that our best option could be synchronize (via midi) the T2 and the PC (using the PC as a master and T2 as a slave, or vice-versa); you could then play the BIAB song (with the Real Drums) from the computer and use the T2 as a sound module, for the remaining style tracks. This would free your left hand from the task of playing only notes that the arranger can recognize to identify the chords and use a more pianistic approach, i.e. comping at will or playing arpeggios, etc.

Just an idea...

#147839 - 12/05/06 09:39 PM Re: BIAB users Check out some of the new 2007 functions.
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Dreamer,
I've been considering ( when I get the time) to give it a go too ( DOD loop to BIAB). I've only got the one CD , so if the styles are different enough to the BIAB ones
it may be worth the effort.

Whatever soundsource you choose shouldn't be too big a problem , especially since you don't have to edit drums.

Creating your own custom sound setup isn't difficult. You can get access to higher banks & everything.

I was fiddling with it a while back in 2006 version. Off the top of my head I can't quite remember what I did, but it certainly wasn't difficult, apart from which you may find a setup in BIAB that suits perfectly anyway.

best wishes
Rikki
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Dreamer:
[B]Rikki,
I

[This message has been edited by rikkisbears (edited 12-05-2006).]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online