SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Topic Options
#147784 - 11/21/06 12:05 PM Re: Question for the pros, What Model Mic are you using for Vocals? and why?
richard_shiflet Offline

Loc: Greenwood, SC -USA
I have tried most of the mics you guys have mentioned. The shure sm58 is very popular but not hot enough for my tastes it took a little more gain and loss of headroom for me. But on the road, I do see more of them than any other mic.

I've used the EV 267, EV 367(for my wife), and EV 767. I really liked the EV line, good rugged mics that travel very well and sound good.

I also have the Countryman E6. Jeff you're right its easy to forget it's even there. Its a joy to use and almost invisible. I even had people come up to me after a performance and ask, "How could I hear you so well when you didn't even have a microphone." LOL. And it is very easy to play with a headset on, no mic stand in your way.

But after we bought the rest of the vocals Sennheiser wireless mics, I tried one and found that I had more bottom-end and depth with these handheld than with my E-6 earset. So now I have 5 of the Sennheiser wireless EW 835 Mics in my rack. They work very well!

Richard

#147785 - 11/21/06 12:12 PM Re: Question for the pros, What Model Mic are you using for Vocals? and why?
Dnj Offline

Jeff nice head Mic for sure...unfortunately they just dont suit my style of singing...
I have tried a few like the Crown CM311a
http://www.crownaudio.com/pdf/mics/102546.pdf

etc etc and I just cant make it happen on stage for me...It just dont feel right on my head...I'm a power singer and use a handheld for 35+ years ....but thanx for the info and reply....

Happy Holidays!!

#147786 - 11/21/06 12:28 PM Re: Question for the pros, What Model Mic are you using for Vocals? and why?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
http://www.sennheiserusa.com/newsite/productdetail.asp?transid=004846

Don looks like they replacesd the E855 with the E865.......

I also enjoyed the E855.....for awhile...
but my trusty SM58 workhorse does the job for me so I keep returning to it.....I'd love to try that EV is hank selling it?

I don't know if it's for sale. Hank????
DonM

#147787 - 11/21/06 01:24 PM Re: Question for the pros, What Model Mic are you using for Vocals? and why?
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I'm always looking for a high-quality, headset mic that is more comfortable and less obvious. The Countryman E6 appears to have both those qualities, however, I noticed it is an omnidirectional mic on the spec sheet. Of those that use this mic, do you have any problems with feedback, or can this be offset by using one of the special caps to make the mic hypercardiod?

Cheers,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#147788 - 11/21/06 03:58 PM Re: Question for the pros, What Model Mic are you using for Vocals? and why?
richard_shiflet Offline

Loc: Greenwood, SC -USA
Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
I'm always looking for a high-quality, headset mic that is more comfortable and less obvious. The Countryman E6 appears to have both those qualities, however, I noticed it is an omnidirectional mic on the spec sheet. Of those that use this mic, do you have any problems with feedback, or can this be offset by using one of the special caps to make the mic hypercardiod?

Cheers,

Gary

Gary the Countryman E6 is made in two versions Omnidirectional or Directional.
The model I have is the directional as I didn't want an omni mic with hot moniters pointed at me. Sounds like a recipe for disaster. LOL

Most of the time you see the omni model advertised. You have to ask specifically for the directional and they cost a little more. I had to send the first E6 back because my dealer ordered the wrong one even though I took them a piece of paper with the complete model number written down. They said but this one was cheaper. LOL. They eventually got it right.

I think the model number will have a "d" in it in place of the "o". Also you can order ti to fit almost any cordless bodypack or with an XLR cable connector.

As far as the appearence, it couldn't be more inconspicuous. The head is the size of a match sick and the wire going to it is almost invisible from a couple of rows back.
available in tan or beige for a variety of skin tones.

The only reason stopped using it was the deeper tone of my Sennhieser Mic. My voice needed the help. LOL

Richard

#147789 - 11/21/06 04:48 PM Re: Question for the pros, What Model Mic are you using for Vocals? and why?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by HankB:

My mic of choice is the EV 967. This is by far the best mic I have ever used.
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/srs7/g=live/search/detail/base_pid/270055/ Hank

Thanx Hank for the reply....Im not too keen on EV after my bad experiences with the ND767 which didnt suit my voice...but I will check it out somehow soon...we'll see whats out there.

#147790 - 11/21/06 06:04 PM Re: Question for the pros, What Model Mic are you using for Vocals? and why?
bruno123 Offline

Loc: West Palm Beach, FL 33417
I have a few great high-end microphones, my favorite Beyer.

After reading Beakybird post on a head set from Radio Shack I decided to buy one – The price #29.95
I plugged it into my Tyros 2, for a $29.95 it sounds fantastic. It also blended well with the vocal harmonizer.

Thank you Beakybird, I never would have thought of looking in Radio Shack, especially in that price range.

Another thought; In the larger music stores I understand you can not return a microphone once you have purchase it. (Health law??) Radio Shack said I could return it if I did not like it. Is there such a law?

John C.

#147791 - 11/21/06 06:16 PM Re: Question for the pros, What Model Mic are you using for Vocals? and why?
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Actually, there is no health law, state or U.S., that applies to the return of microphones. I challenged this several times and found that it was nothing more than the store policy, which they hoped would make all mic sales final. This just didn't cut it with me, and in one instance when I told the store owner to produce the law, he said well that's our policy. I told him my policy was to call VISA and tell them to cancel the charge. At that point he accepted the mic and credited my VISA account.

Cheers,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#147792 - 11/21/06 07:28 PM Re: Question for the pros, What Model Mic are you using for Vocals? and why?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
What the heck is Donny talking about, and THEN my eyes catch the dates !!! ...
Donny ... how did you dig this up?!?!?

Tony try the search feature

Page 8 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online