SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#14750 - 01/14/06 10:29 AM Genesy XP Expander
Giovanni Offline

Loc: Norwich Norfolk England
Hi Folks , Do we actually have any midi Accordionist or keyboard players in this forum using the XP module in their set up .
I would welcome any comments from the forum .
I have not actually tried the XP so I'm looking for feed back from users .
From the very good demo from Dave on the Gem web site and a read of the pdf file of the owners manual and also listening to the sound /style demo's .I also think that the operating system is similar to Technics I think that this is going to be the nearest I will get to a replacement (but I will not part with my beloved Technics KN7000)it's just do big and heavy too take out on small gigs .

I would like to know, How would i store the midi set ups for the 2no midi Accordions I would want to be able to use with the XP.

I have the Elka 83 midi Accordion and Also the Concerto DA200 two very different types of Midi accordion .
Ideally I would just want to push a button to activate the appropriate midi set up .

regards to you all ..........Giovanni

#14751 - 01/15/06 10:18 AM Re: Genesy XP Expander
Mainer Offline

Loc: Saco, Me
I am a rank hobboiest and do own the Genesys XP.

I have it set up to a Technics FA1 Organ and it works out great. There is a dedicated setup for midi accordian which should work out fine for you. I'm sure Dave will follow up with more info shortly.

I had A technics KN 7000 and sold it, I prefered the XP to the KN 7000 in almost every aspect except the organs.

The presets are a dream to set up and use on the xp. I'm not 100% sure but I think a general preset cpould be used for different accordian midi setups

Good luck

Jerry

#14752 - 02/09/06 12:50 PM Re: Genesy XP Expander
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello Giovanni,

There is a lot of flexibility in the Genesys where MIDI is concerned so there are possibly several ways to set the unit up to work with your 2 accordions.

One way would be to make the necessary settings in the MIDI edit page for the first accordion and store this as a Preset. Then make the needed MIDI adjustments for the other accordion and save that as another preset.

Select the appropriate preset for the accordion you want to use and then enter the MIDI edit page and turn on the MIDI Lock button. Now any new presets or memories will use the locked-in MIDI settings. To change to the other accordion, turn MIDI Lock off, select the preset created for that accordion and then turn MIDI Lock back on.

Once you get the Genesys XP and have a little time to experiment, let me know if you still need help.

Best Regards,

Dave

------------------
Wm. David McMahan
Nat'l Product and Support Manager
Generalmusic USA
GEM Community Forums

#14753 - 02/09/06 01:24 PM Re: Genesy XP Expander
Giovanni Offline

Loc: Norwich Norfolk England
Hi Dave , thanks for your reply .
I'll pass on the info to the engineer who will set up the XP module for my midi accordions .

I've always been a "technics boy " so I will have to adapt to a change of operating system .

I'll keep you posted .

regards ..Giovanni

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online