SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#147398 - 12/18/05 02:34 PM Off Topic: Spam Problems
brmoore Offline

Loc: charlottesville, Va., U.S.A.
Hi:
All of a sudden I am receiving 30 to 40 spam emails a day. Never had this problem before - can anyone reccomend a good program
to help eliminate Spam.
I use Outlook Express message blocker which does not work very well as spamers just keep changing their email address.
Thanks in advance: Bruce

#147399 - 12/18/05 02:55 PM Re: Off Topic: Spam Problems
loungelyzard Offline

Loc: North Eastern Calif.
Bruce:

I was getting 4 or 5 a day, started using the blocker on outlook express about a week ago now I'm getting 10-15 each day. Go figure? Have no ideas how to stop these dirty fatherless pond scums......Pose

------------------
Support the arts
FEED a Musician
Cheers....Pose

#147400 - 12/18/05 02:59 PM Re: Off Topic: Spam Problems
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
It's so hard to block these things anymore. These spammers get your info in so many ways. They'll catch you eventually. That's why I dropped my previous hotmail account after more than (5) years of use. I got bombarded with those damn things. Email providers only let you block so many, but the damn jerks keep changing minute things, and still find their way back to you.

Why there isn't harsher punishment for these bozo's is beyond me. Maybe if Georie Bush got 25 spammers a day he'd get pissed off too

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#147401 - 12/19/05 12:31 AM Re: Off Topic: Spam Problems
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
If you only have the one account you can use the free program called Mail Washer http://www.mailwasher.net/index.php that will allow you to delete the spam before it is downloaded. (It can also be set to automatically delete)
If you have more then one account, (Or if you use Hotmail, Yahoo etc) then you will need to purchase the full version.
BTW all Antivirus and Firewall vendors (Norton, MacAfee etc) produce Anti Spam programs.
Hope this helps.

Bill

#147402 - 12/19/05 03:42 AM Re: Off Topic: Spam Problems
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Suggestion. Most servers allow you to have a number of email address....so get yoyrself another one. I know this is a pain but it will keep the spam away for the next 6 months.

My self use Hotmail email for web emails where required and keep another email on AOL for personal contacts. I now get NIL Spam.

#147403 - 12/19/05 05:50 AM Re: Off Topic: Spam Problems
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA

#147404 - 12/19/05 12:55 PM Re: Off Topic: Spam Problems
freddynl Offline

Loc: netherlands
Mailwasher works excellent.
I use the pro(paid) version since more then a year and I think it's worth every penny.

You can also see if there are any attachments.
The best feature is ofcourse that you delete straight on the server of your provider, so it never reaches your pc whatever it is..

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online