SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#147316 - 06/28/05 12:57 PM Announcing the Smallest Lightweight Portable Arranger Keyboard (to date) !
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
OMG! Here's the smallest 'MOST PORTABLE' lightweight arranger keyboard available yet :

Play 'n' Roll Electronic Piano

"This innovative portable piano unrolls to reveal a 49-key, four-octave electronic keyboard that sounds amazingly like a real piano. Its integrated keypad with digital display provides myriad options and inspirations for the aspiring or experienced player.

You choose from 100 realistic instrument tones — including piano, saxophone, harp and guitar — with a selectable "sustained notes" function. The rhythm accompaniment includes 100 different patterns in 13 musical styles, from rumba and rock 'n' roll to disco and country.

Have fun creating your own original music using recording and playback capabilities. Need a demo? Play 'n' Roll has 10 popular songs built in. The speaker is built into the keypad, along with a volume control dial. For big sound, connect Play 'n' Roll to a stereo amplifier or a home theater sound system via the auxiliary output jack. Input jack lets you play privately with your own headphones.

The entire piano rolls up into its own drawstring pouch. Plug it into any outlet with the included AC adapter; or for portability, it also runs on 4 AA batteries (order separately). Measures 10 1/2" x 2" x 2" and weighs 2 lbs".
http://www.sharperimage.com/us/en/catalog/productview.jhtml?sku=GU001

Scott

#147317 - 06/28/05 01:57 PM Re: Announcing the Smallest Lightweight Portable Arranger Keyboard (to date) !
John_CA Offline

Loc: Kern county, CA, USA
This has been out for quite some time now, and even WERSI (German organ brand) brings it out under their own name.

The good thing besides it's portability is that if you like a soft touch to the keys, roll it out on a towel, for those who like the feel of piano (weighted) keys, use a hardboard

John

------------------
Have a nice day smile

#147318 - 06/28/05 06:11 PM Re: Announcing the Smallest Lightweight Portable Arranger Keyboard (to date) !
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Scott

I think you've got it by jove! I don't know what, but you've definitly go it!

Seriously though, if it can use a hard drive and Yamaha styles I think I've found my light weight keyboard finally.

ScottL

#147319 - 06/28/05 11:40 PM Re: Announcing the Smallest Lightweight Portable Arranger Keyboard (to date) !
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.
Scott,
have you or anyone else for that matter actually heard or played the damned thing ?
It reminds me of my firs Casio way back when............
if the sounds are acceptable it looks like something everyone of us would like to have , if only for kicks...........!!!

#147320 - 06/28/05 11:55 PM Re: Announcing the Smallest Lightweight Portable Arranger Keyboard (to date) !
trident Offline

Loc: Athens, Greece
Is the keyboard better than the psr 2000?

[This message has been edited by trident (edited 06-28-2005).]

#147321 - 06/29/05 12:00 AM Re: Announcing the Smallest Lightweight Portable Arranger Keyboard (to date) !
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.
at 59 bucks ?
come off it Trident, you must be joking ?!
it may challenge the G-70 though !!!!!!!!!!!!

#147322 - 06/29/05 12:17 AM Re: Announcing the Smallest Lightweight Portable Arranger Keyboard (to date) !
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by john smies:
at 59 bucks ?
come off it Trident, you must be joking ?!
it may challenge the G-70 though !!!!!!!!!!!!

Scott, its obvious you haven't actually used this thing. The reponse time after hitting the keys is terrible, and I think it has a polyphony of 2. No kidding.

#147323 - 06/29/05 01:35 AM Re: Announcing the Smallest Lightweight Portable Arranger Keyboard (to date) !
Pennywizz6 Offline

Loc: Shakopee, MN, USA
It might be kinda nice for the hell of it, i mean its a lot smaller than any full size arranger, but id think the key feel between that and the real thing would throw you off a lot and it would interfere with your playing.

Phil

#147324 - 06/29/05 03:32 AM Re: Announcing the Smallest Lightweight Portable Arranger Keyboard (to date) !
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
I am going to get 2...one for each hand..Ha!!!

#147325 - 06/29/05 05:44 AM Re: Announcing the Smallest Lightweight Portable Arranger Keyboard (to date) !
Dnj Offline

May now manufactureres will take note and start making lighter weight & smaller profife arranger KB's its time for big change!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online