SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#14722 - 09/29/06 12:18 AM GEM files / Memories / Pedals
wardwil Offline

Loc: Ireland
I have lost my CD2 for the GEM and would like to use some of the GEM files for performance. Does anyone know where I can get one?
Also, I keep loosing my Memeories - last night I saved them into the hard drive in a folder named Autoload so I hope they will be there tonight. Is there any way to add a memory into a PLAYLIST?

I also keep loosing my multiped settings... how can I retain these?
Many thanks Will

#14723 - 09/29/06 06:08 AM Re: GEM files / Memories / Pedals
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by wardwil:
I have lost my CD2 for the GEM and would like to use some of the GEM files for performance. Does anyone know where I can get one?
Also, I keep loosing my Memeories - last night I saved them into the hard drive in a folder named Autoload so I hope they will be there tonight. Is there any way to add a memory into a PLAYLIST?

I also keep loosing my multiped settings... how can I retain these?
Many thanks Will

Hello,

For the Genesys Music CD try contacting the store where you purchased your instrument. They should be able to get you a replacement.

As long as you saved the Memories folder from RAM onto the hard drive, then they will be there. Since you saved the contents of the RAM Memories folder to the Autoload folder on the hard drive, the data will load automatically (hence the name) after the instrument boots-up if the back-up battery has discharged completely.

The Playlist is only for song files; SMF’s, GEM Songs, mp3’s and WAVE files.

The custom settings for the Multipedal are stored in the System folder. Once you have made the desired settings for the Multipedal, save the System folder from RAM to your Autoload folder on the hard drive. Also, be sure to turn the LOCK function in the Pedal set-up screen to OFF before making adjustments and then turn the LOCK back ON once the settings have been made. Then save the data to the hard drive.

Best Regards,

Dave

------------------
Wm. David McMahan
Nat'l Product and Support Manager
Generalmusic USA
GEM Community Forums

[This message has been edited by WDMcM (edited 09-29-2006).]

#14724 - 10/02/06 12:35 AM Re: GEM files / Memories / Pedals
wardwil Offline

Loc: Ireland
Hi Dave,

Thanks a million for the information. I am finding this forum an excellent resource as the Gem can seem quite a piece of work sometimes.

Will

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online