SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#147159 - 10/10/02 01:45 AM Re: "LIVE" Demo (NonFactory) TYROS Styles/Songs !!
svpworld Offline

Loc: UK
Quote:
Originally posted by kari1:

They removed all of them. The reason was that they (Yamaha ?) were afraid that people would loose interest to attend the promotional shows/events that are being arranged in Germany in various Music
shops by the same persons.

However, apparently Simon was fast enough to get all these and he is putting them on his "Tyrosworld forum". See
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/tyrosworld/message/317

I wrote some notes about these on the original posting on Bob Gelman's Yamaha-styles forum. You might take a look at
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/yamaha-psr-styles/message/16252

Cheers
Kari

I have them all, around 35MB and listened to them last night after converting them to an audio cd, 74 mins+ ! It was nice to be there, though I'm looking forward to attending the UK show here next week in Hereford (last one!). As almost all the Tyros shows are almost completed, I dont think the reason they were removed was as mentioned. Anyway as long as I do not get a "nasty" letter telling me otherwise within the next day or so, I will attempt to upload them all for you all.

Simon

------------------
http://www.svpworld.com

#147160 - 10/10/02 06:00 AM Re: "LIVE" Demo (NonFactory) TYROS Styles/Songs !!
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
U.D.

Thank for making my point without realizing it. I'm very familier with the Gallean Krueger amps. They make good stuff. I said it is hard to make good bass at low volumes with low wattage and small speakers. What does the Gallean Krueger have? 150 watts and at least a 10 inch speaker. I said nothing about the overall size of the total package. Years ago I had a Polytone amp that also was a small package that kicked, but the formula was the same, 10 to 12 inch speaker and lots of watts.

A 5 1/4 inch speaker and 15 watts coming out of the internal speakers of the run of the mill arranger keyboard will reproduce sub standard bottem end at any volume let alone low volumes.
Do our customers know the difference. Usually no. They also don't know when you are having a bad night. Sometimes our band will just not click and we put out performances that we know are not up to our usuall standards. People will still come up and say how good we sounded. Just because your customers don't complain doesn't mean that the sound couldn't be better.

Since I have a limited amount of talent I'm going to do everything I can to produce the best sound I can. That includes carting around extra speakers and amps when I could get by without them.

Now if I had YOUR talent I wouldn't even bother to bring a keyboard. I would just show up and sing Acapocco.

How was breakfast? Did Donny buy?

Tom

Tom

#147161 - 10/10/02 06:45 AM Re: "LIVE" Demo (NonFactory) TYROS Styles/Songs !!
Bob Gelman Offline

Loc: Berkeley, CA
Aren't we hearing from some of the same people who complained that the 9000, with built in amp/speakers was way too BIG and HEAVY for gigging???

Simon and I and a number of others are already using the TYROS speaker/amp setup: It's called YST-MS50. It sounds great! It would probably be sufficient in itself for a lot of jobs. Carrying the smaller 27lb TYROS with these separate speakers/subwoofer should be MUCH easier than carrying an all-in-one unit like the 9000.

I guess some people just like to bitch.

#147162 - 10/10/02 07:07 AM Re: "LIVE" Demo (NonFactory) TYROS Styles/Songs !!
Dnj Offline

http://tomshardware.bizrate.com/Yamaha%2...d--5157847.html

prices on the Tyros speaker system

also....aren't these just good Home Computer speakers?
Are they gonna be "ROAD WORTHY" for a every day/night gigging musician? Hmmmmmmm?

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 10-10-2002).]

#147163 - 10/10/02 08:05 AM Re: "LIVE" Demo (NonFactory) TYROS Styles/Songs !!
trtjazz Offline

Uncle Dave,
"It's time to educate the overwhelming vast majority of musicians that are lugging too much gear around needlessly."

OK, give the likes of Stevie Wonder, Michael McDonald, Keith Emerson, Keith Jarrett, Chick Corea, Herbie Hancock, Oscar Peterson on and on and on and on a call and tell them what dopes they are for using external speakers.

Terry

[This message has been edited by trtjazz (edited 10-10-2002).]

#147164 - 10/10/02 08:25 AM Re: "LIVE" Demo (NonFactory) TYROS Styles/Songs !!
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Terry,
If those guys played the kind of jobs that required small setups and they brought concert gear - then I'd have to tell them the right way. There is no "ONE WAY" to do everything. There is a right tool for the right job, and that will always be the case. I almost always have extra amps needed, but when they are not needed ... there is no way I'll bring them in.
Sometimes a small, quiet, personal show is EXACTLY what the client needs, and in many cases ... more gear just detracts from the total performance. Looks count too.
Terry - relax - this is not a personal attack. Just another way to do it.

Tom - Sometimes you say the nicest things. Accapella huh? It's a struggle these days to just get through the night after ingesting everyone's filthy smoke all these years. 33 years of inhaling and I never took a puff !

#147165 - 10/10/02 08:54 AM Re: "LIVE" Demo (NonFactory) TYROS Styles/Songs !!
cam8neel Offline

Loc: Providence, RI USA
I may be in the minority here, but demos or not, I am not won over by the Tyros at all. IMO, my PSR2000 is still the best bang for the buck. Roadweary-ness, HD capabilities, etc., are all very good points, but, to coin a phrase, "it's all about the music". My little "fragile" PSR2K has all I need and then some. Tyros doesn't bring THAT much more to the table, soundwise, to warrant the resale of a keyboard that I haven't had for a whole year yet, and pay more money for. I guess that's why they call them 'opinions'...

#147166 - 10/10/02 09:05 AM Re: "LIVE" Demo (NonFactory) TYROS Styles/Songs !!
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
In the US, it's still all just conjecture, because we haven't had a change to play one. Until that happens, I believe it is best to reserve judgement.
It IS great to have all these choices, such as Tyros, Ketron, GEM. . .
DonM

#147167 - 10/10/02 09:31 AM Re: "LIVE" Demo (NonFactory) TYROS Styles/Songs !!
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
I'm not totally won over by the Tyros either, or any other board out there. The sole reason for that is I don't get giddy about anything any more until I can get my own hands on it so that I can try it for myself. That doesn't mean I'm not interested though. I am waiting in anticipation to try the Tyros and the Ketron XD9 too. I waited for a long time before I got to see and try a VA76, and I liked it, but I'm still happy with my current setup for the time being.

As Don says, it is great that we have these choices. I understand what you are saying Cam, because I had similar thoughts when I had the 740 and I saw the 9000, but after spending some quality time with the 9000, I realized that there was a good bit of difference. I ultimately decided not to upgrade to the 9000, but that's mainly because I went in a different direction totally, which ended up with the PA80 as my arranger. I do miss my 740 sometimes, and I'm sure I would have enjoyed the 9000, but if the Tyros or XD9 don't blow me away, I might even go back to the 2000 as a backup, assuming I can get one that works properly this time ( the odds are surely in my favor )

AJ

#147168 - 10/10/02 12:21 PM Re: "LIVE" Demo (NonFactory) TYROS Styles/Songs !!
trtjazz Offline

Dave,
"Terry - relax - this is not a personal attack."
I never thought it was, I'm just a bit bored with hearing "Well it doesn't have internal speakers though."

From my perspective, which is obviously different than your needs, the Tyros speaker setup is not a problem at all. Considering the tons of cool new things this board has, not to mention the most important, the sound, even if I hated the speakers, I wouldn't let that stop me from all the plus's. Is all I'm really trying to get across to you.

This sounds like it's just not a board for you, which is ok too.
Terry

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online