SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#147086 - 05/15/06 06:56 AM Tyros 2 Demos played Impromtu
Dnj Offline

Here's a few short T2 Demos with no rhyme or reason but to just give some of you a feel for this wonderful KB........no vocals this time around but they'll be more to come .....these were recorded into my laptop sound card....my T2 HD is on the way soon........enjoy
http://www.donnypesce.com/T2Jazz.mp3 http://www.donnypesce.com/T2Besa.mp3 http://www.donnypesce.com/T2Waltz.mp3 http://www.donnypesce.com/T2Blues.mp3 http://www.donnypesce.com/T2Tango.mp3

#147087 - 05/15/06 07:44 AM Re: Tyros 2 Demos played Impromtu
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Donny, and to think, from the topic heading, I expected to hear a Chopin number .

Donny: Good to hear you playing T2 live in auto accomp mode . Sounds like you already have a pretty good handle for playing the T2 super articulation voices already. What specific styles were used for each song? Were your 'live played' panel voices selected from OTS 1-4 buttons, or directly from Voice Bank family buttons?

My only suggestion (personal) would be to boost the volume of the drums a bit, and increase the reverb effects level for all style parts (except bass) & panel parts (LEFT/RT1/RT2/RT3) substantially, to add more punch and live (ambience) realism similar to Ketron's type sound. Looking forward to hearing more T2 stuff from you once you get your Tyros2 hd. I know you're gonna appreciate the live spontaneous performance recording simplicity of the HD recorder. - Scott

#147088 - 05/15/06 09:05 AM Re: Tyros 2 Demos played Impromtu
TwoNuts Offline

Loc: Vancouver, Washington. USA
Donny,

Thought they were all great! However, I especially liked the Blues work. That is right up my alley. I think that you most definately have a handle on the use of the T2.
Great Job!

Regards,

Dennis

Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts

#147089 - 05/15/06 09:22 AM Re: Tyros 2 Demos played Impromtu
SD_FAN Offline

Loc: São Paulo, SP / Brazil
Hi Donny,

Thanks for sharing.
I hope you have a lot of fun playing the T2 like I have.
The HD recorder simplified a lot my work and now I finally also put some short demos of T2 in my site.

Cheers
Armando

#147090 - 05/15/06 09:29 AM Re: Tyros 2 Demos played Impromtu
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Donny:

Enjoyed the demos especially Besame Mucho and the Blues.

#147091 - 05/15/06 09:30 AM Re: Tyros 2 Demos played Impromtu
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
Donny.....Well, you are just full of surprises....man I enjoyed them all, I especially liked the guitar on BESA ME..and as the others have said, you got the T-2 by the tail...now lets hear some more
TR

#147092 - 05/15/06 09:53 AM Re: Tyros 2 Demos played Impromtu
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by SD_FAN:
I finally also put some short demos of T2 in my site.

Folks: here's the link to Armando's T2 website song demos .

Armando, I really enjoyed listening to every one of them. All 'tastefully' & beautifully played. especially the latin numbers. Great sparing use (1x) of the SA sax breath efx on 'Eu sei que vou te amar'. Brilliant ! - Scott

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 05-15-2006).]

#147093 - 05/15/06 10:31 AM Re: Tyros 2 Demos played Impromtu
TwoNuts Offline

Loc: Vancouver, Washington. USA
Armando,

Really enjoyed all the tunes. I had them playing in my office while I was working.
Thanks for giving us the opportunity to hear your work.

Regards,
Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts

Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts

#147094 - 05/15/06 10:33 AM Re: Tyros 2 Demos played Impromtu
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
Donny: Good to hear you playing T2 live in auto accomp mode . Sounds like you already have a pretty good handle for playing the T2 super articulation voices already. What specific styles were used for each song? Were your 'live played' panel voices selected from OTS 1-4 buttons, or directly from Voice Bank family buttons?

My only suggestion (personal) would be to boost the volume of the drums a bit, and increase the reverb effects level for all style parts (except bass) & panel parts (LEFT/RT1/RT2/RT3) substantially, to add more punch and live (ambience) realism similar to Ketron's type sound. Looking forward to hearing more T2 stuff from you once you get your Tyros2 hd. I know you're gonna appreciate the live spontaneous performance recording simplicity of the HD recorder. - Scott

SCot thanx for the reply......All I did on this demo was to show the T2 in its raw state with no tweaking on my part....all I did was pick a style and play it utilizing Only the OTS sounds for that style nothing more..of course in the future & for my own personal stage registrations setups it is much different for my personal taste....I also hope to hear some of your demos as I have done SCott also ......this would really help others too!

Stay well

#147095 - 05/15/06 10:35 AM Re: Tyros 2 Demos played Impromtu
SD_FAN Offline

Scott, thanks for your kind words and for placing the link to my site.
I have to confess that I had a great improvement of "feeling" and use of chords after some "Chico´s homeworks".

Dennis, I ´m extremely glad that you liked my demos.

Cheers
Armando

[This message has been edited by SD_FAN (edited 05-15-2006).]

#147096 - 05/15/06 10:42 AM Re: Tyros 2 Demos played Impromtu
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Donny,
great demo's! True, it isn't a G-1000, but...

Armando,
meus parabens! Suas cançoes são otimas!

Andrea

#147097 - 05/15/06 10:45 AM Re: Tyros 2 Demos played Impromtu
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by SD_FAN:
Hi Donny,

Thanks for sharing.
I hope you have a lot of fun playing the T2 like I have.
The HD recorder simplified a lot my work and now I finally also put some short demos of T2 in my site.

Cheers
Armando

Armando.....Nice work my friend I really enjoyed listening....the guitars are spectacular....please keep 'em coming!!!
I hope to hear so many more from all SZ members.......this is what its all about playing music, learning, enjoying the magic with friends !!!!

Ciao

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 05-15-2006).]

#147098 - 05/15/06 11:07 AM Re: Tyros 2 Demos played Impromtu
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Armando, nice work I enjoyed your selection of tunes. Have always liked the Latin tunes and 2 that usually play at cocktail hours are "All the Things You Are" and "Fly Me to the Moon."

#147099 - 05/15/06 11:08 AM Re: Tyros 2 Demos played Impromtu
SD_FAN Offline

Olá Andrea.

Muito obrigado pelo elogio!!!
Everything started a few years ago when I heard your recordings done with the 9000Pro!

Donny,
Thanks to listening and enjoy my work. I also enjoyed a lot your work.

Cheers.
Armando

#147100 - 05/15/06 11:10 AM Re: Tyros 2 Demos played Impromtu
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Armando, I agree..the guitar lead voices sound terrific..maybe the best I have heard.I really liked your second tune on your play list...Anyway, I turned off my G1000..I can't top that guitar sound on it!!

#147101 - 05/15/06 11:36 AM Re: Tyros 2 Demos played Impromtu
SD_FAN Offline

Steve....Fran.....
WOW!!! Thanks for your kind words.

For site technical problems, the recordings are in .wma . Live, the guitar sounds fantastic.

Sorry to all my bad English!

Cheers
Armando

#147102 - 05/15/06 11:41 AM Re: Tyros 2 Demos played Impromtu
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
Armondo......I have to tell you that I really enjoyed your playing I especially enjoyed the George Shearing sound you did
as well as the Sax and Guitars all wonderful, please put up more....excellent..
TR

#147103 - 05/15/06 12:17 PM Re: Tyros 2 Demos played Impromtu
FAEbGBD Offline

Loc: Nashvville TN
All the demos sound good. The whole keyboard to me though almost seems like the release is too abrupt. Is there any way to adjust the global release time and give it a few more milliseconds?
Also, I wonder about those string scrapes on the nylon guitar. Are those controllable? Like on Estrela; there were so many of those fret noise sounds it was distracting. Also, to tell you the truth, a real nylon guitar played in that range would have very very few fret noise scrapes, because almost the entire melody would be played on the non wound strings. It is only the top 3 wound strings on a nylon guitar that will give you that fret scrape. So as a guitarist, I was hearing a lot of scraping that wouldn't be there; so in the attempt to make a more realistic guitar, a less realistic guitar was actually achieved.

#147104 - 05/15/06 12:17 PM Re: Tyros 2 Demos played Impromtu
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Donny, thanks for posting the demos. I understand they are not tweaked, straight out of the box, and they still sound very good.

Armando,
I share the same feelings as the others, wonderful guitar work and outstanding sound. I believe you HAVE done some adjusting on the drums and e.q.
DonM

#147105 - 05/15/06 12:24 PM Re: Tyros 2 Demos played Impromtu
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
DNJ nice demos especially the Blues. I love that Blues beat anyway great for Mustang Sally type songs.
Armando you do the T2 justice, very nice loved listening to the songs.

#147106 - 05/15/06 02:51 PM Re: Tyros 2 Demos played Impromtu
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Donny

I am happy to see you are obviously having fun with your new Tyros 2. I know you will continue to fall in love with it and look forward to your personal style of tweaking it and the songs themselves. It's great to hear how everyone's individual personality comes through in their way of playing.

I was especially happy to hear you play some on the fly instrumentals. Your vocals have always been recognized for their top quality. I think most of the stuff I've heard you do in the past was with midi files. It's nice to hear you jamming freely on your new board. Hey! You really can play the keyboard

That first jazz improv reminded me of "Celery Stalks at Midnight" by the Will Bradley big band. Nice guitar on Besame. The waltz and tango material makes me think you must have been an accordian player. Those tunes sure sounded like the old tunes I would have heard on that instrument. Nice blues jammin.

It's great to see SZ take off with so many new recordings from so many different people.

When I have the time, I am going to check into SZ more often now.

Best
Scott Langholff

#147107 - 05/15/06 04:10 PM Re: Tyros 2 Demos played Impromtu
Dnj Offline

Scott.................thanx for the listen.....my dad started me at 7 yrs old on the Accordion...the rest is history..
I hope to hear some more of your work also & many others too.....its really great to share our music like we do here on the SZ.......we all learn from each other for sure!!

Ciao

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 05-16-2006).]

#147108 - 05/16/06 05:48 AM Re: Tyros 2 Demos played Impromtu
SD_FAN Offline

Tony...Don....Craig...FAEbGBD..., thanks very much for the kind words and for paying attention to my music. I only play at home and I´m very, very happy that all of you appreciated it.

Don, you are right. I made some adjustings on the e.q, compressor,......etc....

FAEbGBD... as I said before, the recordings of my site are in .wma (very compressed), and my intention isn´t show the real capabilities of T2. The fret noise depends on the way we touch , but I don´t have yet the total control of it.

Cheers
Armando

#147109 - 05/16/06 05:54 AM Re: Tyros 2 Demos played Impromtu
Dnj Offline

Armoando........I understand what your saying .....the T2 SA sounds MUST be played a certain way to accomplish what they were intended to be.......in some circumstances you relly have to CHANGE the style in the way you play some of these beautiful voices for sure, theres even an info tab on each sound to explain its uses too on the screen........but once you get it OH Boy!!

#147110 - 05/16/06 06:46 AM Re: Tyros 2 Demos played Impromtu
SD_FAN Offline

Donny,
You´re correct.

OH BOY!!! What wonderful "toy" is this keyboard.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online