SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#146838 - 10/08/07 05:20 PM Re: Yamaha has invented a new game...
Dnj Offline

Tim ...

That really sux.....I feel for ya buddy....hope you get the replacement ASAP!!!! What about a loaner?

#146839 - 10/08/07 05:55 PM Re: Yamaha has invented a new game...
jedi Offline

Loc: Merrimack, N.H.
Tim ,

What was the problem you had ( have ) ?

Thanks
Gary

#146840 - 10/08/07 08:29 PM Re: Yamaha has invented a new game...
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by jedi:
Tim ,

What was the problem you had ( have ) ?

Thanks
Gary

http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/016328.html

#146841 - 10/09/07 06:32 AM Re: Yamaha has invented a new game...
jedi Offline

Thanks Dnj !

O___BTW:

How are you doing with your Pa800 ?
Aside from that slider in the middle used for MP3`s can it be used for MIDI files as well ?

Thanks,
Gary

#146842 - 10/09/07 03:06 PM Re: Yamaha has invented a new game...
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Gary,
You can fade between smf and MP3, smf and smf, or MP3 and MP3 ! It's Sooooo versatile.

#146843 - 10/09/07 03:44 PM Re: Yamaha has invented a new game...
jedi Offline

Hi Dave,

Thanks for the info !

I had a chance to play a Tyros 2 @ GC , in Danvers Ma. , it was ok until i played a Roland elec. piano ( can`t remember the model # , but it had all kinds of other sounds as well).

Anyway , WOW , Roland sure has a very nice piano sound.

So , I guess you have at least tried a Tyros with the FSX key-bed , so how would you compare the action to the Pa800 ?

And how are the sounds , like piano and organ ?

Anyway , I`m really disappointed with the way the S900 is made , but it is a PSR , but that should not be a bad thing.

Have you played the Roland E-80 , that must have the same piano sound as the one that I tried , it`s like 2K more.

Well I guess you can tell that there aren`t many stores in my area ( N.H. ) that sell A/KB`s

So , I do thank you for your help.

Take care,
Gary

#146844 - 10/09/07 03:53 PM Re: Yamaha has invented a new game...
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Diki,
Although I don't consider myself an "on-line retailer", such as musiciansfriend, etc., I do have a lot of customers from this forum. Almost every keyboard I've ever sold has been just what each customer has wanted because I spend a lot of time over the phone answering questions and giving opinions. I think your advice is meant for those online stores that have little to no service, at least I hope so. My one customer with a bad S900 is Don Mason and he has a new one on the way to him as I write this. With many customers, per their instructions, I open a box and check out the keyboard and for those that like factory sealed cartons, it is rare something happens.
As for the S900, nothing is different about the ones we receive here in the USA. Because Yamaha uses the PA-301 international power supply with all units being sold world wide, there are no differences. All units are exactly the same. I realize we have been seing posts regarding some defects, but I don't beleive there is any reason to think that Yamaha needs to recall or stop selling these keyboards. Hundreds and hundreds have been shipped and sold to customers in the USA and only a very small amount have had problems. I have spoken to Yamaha here in California and they are not seing any numbers larger than any other model they produce. They have no reason to be alarmed that there might be a problem.

------------------
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
818-881-5566
www.kayesmusicscene.com
(Retired 2021)

#146845 - 10/09/07 07:25 PM Re: Yamaha has invented a new game...
Diki Offline

Loc: NW Florida
Quite so, George. As hard to find as many arrangers are nowadays, if you can't use a local dealer, online is a must. And, of course, your reputation goes ahead of you, unlike many (or at least a good reputation!).

But with the reported problems (just a tad too many compared to other Yamaha releases, we seem to think) that it would not be unreasonable to ask an out of town dealer to actually unbox it and test it before shipping.

Of course, you can't do this with the anonymous online retailers (there's usually nobody at the warehouse to do this!). But someone like George, or other direct store purchases (as opposed to online retailers) really ought to test this new model properly to help alleviate some of the anxiety before shipping.

What do you think?

#146846 - 10/09/07 07:49 PM Re: Yamaha has invented a new game...
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by jedi:
Aside from that slider in the middle used for MP3`s can it be used for MIDI files as well ?

Thanks,
Gary

Gary the answer is YES......

the Duel Sequencer & Duel Mp3 player bot work in conjunction with the slider so you can easily segway between smf & mp3 with ease, add markers, etc etc its a thing of beauty.

#146847 - 10/10/07 08:08 AM Re: Yamaha has invented a new game...
jedi Offline

Thanks Donny ,

Take care , and get well soon !

All my hopes ,
Gary

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online