SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6
Topic Options
#146453 - 10/01/05 02:25 PM Re: More great Tyros2 demos !
VoiceOfSpace Offline

Dreamer, I agree that the bass player makes the right thing for the groove and that arrangers lack this kind of interesting bass figures.(especially those with several strings sustained at the same time) Bass is a very important rhythm element so it is a very crucial thing for keyboard styles. Listen though what happens in the chorus. The bass player simplifies his lines a lot but the groove is still there! Listen to the bass in the end of the song. It's nothing special about that tone. The bass sound is kind of picky and low in sustain and I think a keyboard can come pretty close to that sound, only choose a pick bass and then set the EQ rather dark. Of course in this case the bass player plays rather advanced figures so it would not sound the same and with a cheesy pick bass guitar sound it wouldn't sound as good. Even though the bass sound in this song is not very special IMHO, it is not including a muddy low end like the bass guitars in some arrangers.

#146454 - 10/01/05 11:47 PM Re: More great Tyros2 demos !
VoiceOfSpace Offline

squeak_D,

I listened once again to some Tyros 2 sound samples and noticed that there are some important parts in a drum kit sound:

- Clearity
- Velocity response
- Realism
- Stereo image

I think the punch is there as soon as the velocity response is good. The drums in the Yamaha Tyros 2 lack punch not only because of the rather low velocity response, but also because of the too low kick drum volume setting on many styles. A good feature in the Tyros 2 would be to be able to increase the volume on certain drums in an easy way. Today you have to open the style in the style editor and increase the volume in the event edit window which is kind of a lot of work for a simple and common thing. I would actually want to increase the kick drum volume on almost all the styles I play to get some more bite in the sound...

The stereo image of a drum kit is also very important. The new Tyros 2 should have stereo sampled drums which should create a bit more present kind of sound. I think delay is very important on a drum kit. It doesn't have to be applied very hard, but when it's there it becomes a little fatter and more present which creates the illusion of a better velocity response.

Page 6 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online