SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#146423 - 09/20/05 06:44 PM Re: More great Tyros2 demos !
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
You sold me. I just placed my order with Dan O'neil at Music City in Baltimore, Maryland. I was the first to order so I am on the top of his list to be shipped.
If you want a great deal and want to be treated like a great customer give Dan a call or email him. He is right on top of everything all the time. A nicer guy I never met.
Thanks to all that posted here and helped make up my mind and thanks to Dan for another good deal. Yes, I am a repeat customer.
Bebop

#146424 - 09/21/05 05:09 AM Re: More great Tyros2 demos !
LindaFus Offline

Loc: Ledyard, CT USA
WOW! The demos are incredible. I would have to mortgage the house again to get it though. What an awesome machine!

-Linda

#146425 - 09/21/05 05:57 AM Re: More great Tyros2 demos !
KFingers Offline

Loc: Brighton - UK
Roel, 1200 may be the number of different samples used for Megavoices.

Each different megavoice has several samples assgned to it even on the existing tyros. some of these are tuned (different for each note) and some are not (slide, buzz, scrape noises etc). The sample that sounds normally depends on the midi velocity at the time although other cc values can be used.

Viewed like this then 1200 sounds (samples) may not be as many as you first think.

Keith

[This message has been edited by KFingers (edited 09-21-2005).]

#146426 - 09/21/05 08:11 AM Re: More great Tyros2 demos !
royandreno Offline

Loc: Sandnes, Norway
Attention!
More demoes added!

#146427 - 09/21/05 10:05 AM Re: More great Tyros2 demos !
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
I went and listened to the demos again (including the few new ones). I am happy that that (inhale) on the sax is controlable. I didn't judge it harshly on the demo because Yamaha's just showing you that effect is there if you want to use it.

One thing though. I listened to the styles and other demos again. I have to say that one of my dislikes about Yamaha styles is their over use of the ride cymbals and tamborine. These are also a few samples I think Yammie could clean up a bit. Yamaha's styles are a dead giveaway when it comes to those ride cymbals and tamborines. It seems very (hootie and the blowfish) meaning the styles (in regards to drums) just start to sound the same over and over again because of how Yammie programs these particular percussion instruments. Again, just my opinion. Sound wise though, I think the T2 sounds great. I am upset to see the limitation with hard disk recording though.

Squeak

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 09-21-2005).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#146428 - 09/21/05 10:26 AM Re: More great Tyros2 demos !
royandreno Offline

Loc: Sandnes, Norway
Squeak,
when you listen to it 20 times over, it is gonna start sounding the same...
Joke aside, I also find many of their styles overly arranged and repetitive, that's why I hope this time there will be more bars to the variation and more air in them. I know you can turn instruments off, but this becomes awkward. Just like when playing in a band, the key is to learn when not to play, and some of Yamaha's style creators should also obide by this rule.
That aside, I still find Yamaha has great styles compared to the competitors. I am really excited what Ty2 will bring.

#146429 - 09/21/05 11:00 AM Re: More great Tyros2 demos !
squeak_D Offline

I only listened to the sax demo 20 times Hey, I can't say anything bad about that sax. Best I've heard to date.

I agree with you completely too. Yamaha's programers need to learn "when not to play" as well. It just gets too busy at times.

Squeak
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#146430 - 09/21/05 11:47 AM Re: More great Tyros2 demos !
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Now we're talkin'! I like the new power kit. Though I didn't like that the actual demo of the powerkit is only three seconds...

#146431 - 09/21/05 12:42 PM Re: More great Tyros2 demos !
squeak_D Offline

I too thought the power kit was pretty good, and yest way too short on the demo for that one as well. I did'nt care for the T2 version of "Frankly Soul". The voices on the T2 version seem to have too much reverb, and not as polished as the one before it.

Squeak

#146432 - 09/21/05 04:17 PM Re: More great Tyros2 demos !
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Quote:
Originally posted by squeak_D:
I too thought the power kit was pretty good, and yest way too short on the demo for that one as well. I did'nt care for the T2 version of "Frankly Soul". The voices on the T2 version seem to have too much reverb, and not as polished as the one before it.

Squeak

I actually like the unpolished sound of the new drums better (if we both have the same def of 'polish') The problem with Yamaha's sounds and styles as far as I'm concerned is that they are 'CD quality' instead of 'Live quality.'

As a live musician, I want my instruments to sound a little 'thick and dirty' - in a good way.

Chony

Page 3 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online