SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#146413 - 09/18/05 09:10 AM Re: More great Tyros2 demos !
Bubbi Offline

Loc: Keflavik, Iceland
This breath is not part of the sound. It´s controlled wiht SA pedal. It´s completely controllable. I will sure buy this new Tyros. Very massive drums and bass. We ain't seen nothing yet. I think we will be blown away with this new instrument.

#146414 - 09/18/05 09:15 AM Re: More great Tyros2 demos !
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by bomba6:
the breath sound is bothering.. it sound the same every singel time.

Bomba, as with all 'added effects', utilizing them to much or to often isn't recommended. Used subtley & sparingly though, it provides an added spark of realism. REMEMBER, this was a DEMO (afterall) intended to SHOWCASE the new "Super Articulation" voice's footpedal activated 'breath efx' feature. In a normal performance situation/recording, I might perhaps add the breath sound less often.

Considering this is a keyboard's emulation of, and not the actual acoustic instrument: sax/guitar/trumpet) being played, these are very impressive sounding emulations. I commend the sound Yamaha programmers on these demos.

Scott

#146415 - 09/19/05 07:20 AM Re: More great Tyros2 demos !
Route 66 Offline

Loc: Braganca, Portugal
I just listened to the demos; they are excellent, in fact. However, for most of us that play 'live' (by that I mean using 'styles'), what really should matter, IMO, is how 'usable' is all this technology. In other words, how easily a musical/skillful & persistent player (willing to work) will be able to incorporate this technology in his shows. If we do not ask (and find some kind of answer) ourselves these questions, we risk just being inconsequently seduced by shining demos, without ever beeing able to attain results that come close to the demos and to apply this new tecnology in our playing.

My impression is that these demos are all sequences created non-live in the studio, and with midi 'real' instruments. For instance, which one of you guys would be able to play in your keyboards something close to the guitar ending of the 'Pop und Rock' song demo?

-- José.

#146416 - 09/19/05 07:46 AM Re: More great Tyros2 demos !
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Route 66:
My impression is that these demos are all sequences created non-live in the studio, and with midi 'real' instruments.

Hi José, both the S.A Guitar & S.A Saxophone demos were played live on a 'KEYBOARD', and NOT via a 'real acoustic instrument' midi controller.

Quote:
Originally posted by Route 66:
which one of you guys would be able to play in your keyboards something close to the guitar ending of the 'Pop und Rock' song demo? -- José.

I believe the guitar ending on the 'Pop and Rock' song demo showcases the playback of one of the style's three presequenced "ENDINGS".

Scott

#146417 - 09/20/05 05:26 AM Re: More great Tyros2 demos !
Route 66 Offline

Loc: Braganca, Portugal
Hi Scott.

Thanks for your reply. I do believe it's possible to achieve an expressivity like those super articulation demos with a polished enough technique in a keyboard. But many song demos do remain presequenced progressions at least partially put together with the help of midi instruments, don't they?

-- José.

#146418 - 09/20/05 02:22 PM Re: More great Tyros2 demos !
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Holy Mary! That is the BEST sax I have ever heard on a keyboard. How in the world did they put the sound of the player (inhaling) before playing the next note? The Tyros 2 is going to be one mean ass sounding arranger. I must have listened to that sax demo 20 times.

Squeak

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 09-20-2005).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#146419 - 09/20/05 02:48 PM Re: More great Tyros2 demos !
Roel Offline

Some hot details :
T2 has a built in sample player so even Akai samples can be used.

1200 (!) Mega voices

300 MB Wave Memory

1 Gigabite Wave Ram

Harddisk (optional) 200 Gigabite !!!

The demo´s ... I created an audiotrack containing all seperate demo pieces and can´t stop listening ....

[This message has been edited by Roel (edited 09-20-2005).]

#146420 - 09/20/05 03:11 PM Re: More great Tyros2 demos !
BlkNotes Offline

Dear Roel;

I am a little confused. I thought their were going to be 40 playable mega voices, yet you state 1200. Are not all the mega voices playable, and are these differnt then the Super Art. Voices?

Also, is it a read only sampler or is it recordable as well? Do you know which sample formats it will accept? Can one expand the 1 Gb memory?

Thanks
Regards;
BlkNotes

#146421 - 09/20/05 03:56 PM Re: More great Tyros2 demos !
Roel Offline

Blknotes,
The details come from one of the dealers...(not mine!) and he's probably wrong ?

I just picked the new items from his message and do not know further (deeper) details...
sorry for that.

#146422 - 09/20/05 06:33 PM Re: More great Tyros2 demos !
Dnj Offline

I'll reserve judgement after I play one......

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 09-20-2005).]

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online