SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#146337 - 04/12/05 09:32 PM New Behringer Ultratone KB Amps (Details?)
MrEd Offline

I was looking at the new Behringer Ultratone keyboard amps that will be available soon.
Looks like there will be 4 models in this new line.
I found the features and msrp pricing of each amp at the Behringer site but no dimensions or weight.

Has anyone seen the size and weight details for these amps?

The K1800FX is appealing to me, especially at $300 msrp (USD)
I'm thinking of using something like that with a PSR3000.

K1800FX (page) http://www.behringer.com/K1800FX/index.cfm?lang=ENG
K1800FX (features) http://www.behringer.com/02_products/proddetail.cfm?lang=ENG&id=K1800FX&type=110

If anyone comes across more details on these, please post.

Thanks.
Ed

[This message has been edited by MrEd (edited 04-12-2005).]

#146338 - 04/13/05 04:38 AM Re: New Behringer Ultratone KB Amps (Details?)
Alone&Forsaken Offline

You might want to check these out.
http://www.alesis.com/products/sumo/index.html

Ive played them at guitar center...kinda a funny story. Was playing on the keyboards they have in the middle ( lots of used stuff )...so played a few romplers, few VAs, even happened to have an analog synth there as well. Thing is when playing these noticed that the sound was FAR better then what they have their demo units hooked up to more often then not...traced the wires lol and all four keyboards I was screwing around with were plugged into the amp. Real cool to check the back of an amp and see eight 1/4 inch plugs going to it.

#146339 - 04/13/05 08:38 AM Re: New Behringer Ultratone KB Amps (Details?)
loungelyzard Offline

Loc: North Eastern Calif.
Hi Guys:
checked out the new 1800's and was comparing with the behringer K1200's I own, can't see anything that would be a improvement, as a matter of fact in my opinion, leaving out the 6" speaker that the 1200's (3way) has I would wonder if its as good. It has a little more watts, but not needed, they added effects, but not needed the keyboard has everything I need, a headphone jack, not needed keyboard does that, these items might be great for using other instruments into it, but in my opinion, you shoud never mix another instrument in with the keyboard, each instrument should have its own, with sound coming from a different location.

I don't use my 1200's hardly at all, anymore, the sound is terrific and after getting them tweaked to what I like, they do a great job, and they will do a good size auditorium. (I added two sets of fender kickback legs and turned them upward and they get the job done.) I use the logitech Z5500 system now, the sound is a tad better, and vocals are much better, these work great for me since I'm not real active anymore, and just do small venues.

Thought you might like a different opinion.

Looked at the alesis also, don't see anything that turns me on......

Cheers....Pose

Ps: guessing the 1200's weigh about 50 lbs, each. 15" woofs and the smaller 12" woofs about 40 lbs, probably about the same with the 1800's and the alesis also...

#146340 - 04/13/05 10:42 AM Re: New Behringer Ultratone KB Amps (Details?)
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
I saw these new keyboard amps at the NAMM show and was quite impressed. The problem with the KX1200 is the size and weight and these new models are more compact and lighter with even better input and output configurations. They are more like the Roland keyboard amps with the carpet covered cabinets and the wider on the bottom, narrower at the top for better angles on the speakers to project upwards if left on the floor.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#146341 - 04/13/05 12:44 PM Re: New Behringer Ultratone KB Amps (Details?)
MrEd Offline

Alone,
From what you experienced, they sound impressive.
I saw them at GC but did not listen to them.
They were in a room where some guys were blasting sounds out of a kb...sounds that would have have been great for a tornado or hurricane track.
The amps also are a bit larger, squared off, more bulky than what I wanted to carry around.

Pose,
I've read good things from members here about the Logitech Z5500 system.
One thing I have in mind is a couple of friend's backyard get-togethers that are coming up this summer where i will probably play a little.
Do you think the Z5500's will cut thru in the great outdoors from a patio area where it is level and has power, out to the sloping yard with the tents.
If i got that Alesis Sumo 300 in Alone's link, i could crank it up and charge a pest control fee for vibrating the roaches out of the woodwork

George,
From the pictures of the Behringer Ultratones, based on how much the speaker consumed of the overall amp size, I thought it might be a fairly compact package.
If you get one into your store, I'd like to hear the details after you put it thru its paces.
Are they available for purchase yet?

Ed

#146342 - 04/13/05 07:02 PM Re: New Behringer Ultratone KB Amps (Details?)
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
I contacted behringer and they sent me an email that says

"Hi and thanks for contacting us! At this time, we do not yet have any more specific information available on when this new product will become available, or more detailed specifications, beyond what is listed on our website. The details and specifications regarding newly announced products to be released are generally not available until the information is posted on our website at www.behringer.com - when a new product is available or soon to be available it will say "available now" instead of, for example "2nd quarter 2005".

More information will be made available on our website, along with additional info about the products such as copies of the owner's manuals that you will be able to download for free, as soon as it is available."

We hope that we have been able to help you with this information.

Best regards,
Chris Roy
Your BEHRINGER Customer Support Team

[This message has been edited by mikeathome1 (edited 04-13-2005).]

#146343 - 04/14/05 08:50 AM Re: New Behringer Ultratone KB Amps (Details?)
MrEd Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by mikeathome1:
[B]I contacted behringer and they sent me an email that says .....

Thanks for the info.
It sounds like it won't be available in my time frame. I have a couple other interests that are a little more cash but

A mans gotta do what a mans gotta do!

#146344 - 04/14/05 08:58 AM Re: New Behringer Ultratone KB Amps (Details?)
Alone&Forsaken Offline

"The amps also are a bit larger, squared off, more bulky than what I wanted to carry around."

The Sumo 100...isnt all that large at all ( little bit larger then an average 15watt guitar practice amp )

The Sumo 300...Why would you have to carry it around, its got wheels and a built in luggage cart style retractable handle.

#146345 - 04/14/05 09:02 AM Re: New Behringer Ultratone KB Amps (Details?)
MrEd Offline

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Alone&Forsaken:
The Sumo 100...isnt all that large at all ( little bit larger then an average 15watt guitar practice amp )

The Sumo 300...Why would you have to carry it around, its got wheels and a built in luggage cart style retractable handle.
[QUOTE]

Ya, I've got some time yet so maybe i'll stroll into the GC and take a closer listen to it.

#146346 - 04/14/05 12:21 PM Re: New Behringer Ultratone KB Amps (Details?)
loungelyzard Offline

Loc: North Eastern Calif.
MrED:

I'm guessing they'll do a crowd of 120 people outdoors, easy, unless your're into heavy-loud-rock. even then they'll crank, but probably distort or blow a speaker. when you get about 100 dbs.

Iplayed a room about 40 x 80 with about 80 people they were on idle, piece of cake. I think the sound is close to the Bose system.

a lot of people ask are they bose. Only drawbacks are they're not built for heavy road use and abuse. and have to be handled gently. But I've paid more money for 1 guitar speaker replacement, than the whole system costs. I really like mine.....Pose

------------------
Support the arts
FEED a Musician
Cheers....Pose

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online