SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#146043 - 05/13/03 06:18 AM Saludos Amigos!
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Greetings from Belo Horizonte, Minas Gerais, Brazil.
Here is a short summary of my first two days in this wonderful country: after a long flight from Rome through Lisbon (thinking of you, Jose') I arrived to Rio, where I spent one night in Copacabana (thinking of Angelo singing Barry Manilow). The following morning I had a walk along this famous beach and the adjacent Ipanema beach (where else?) Anyway, I will see more of Rio at the end of this month, before going back to Italy
Shortly after noon I had to take my flight to Belo Horizonte, where I finally met Chico and his friends. Belo Horizonte is a beautyful town, with lots of vegetation, trees, a lake and... super friendly people. Yesterday I had a first rehearsal with Chico and his friends and I can say that I have met yet another family. They made me feel immediately at home and I cannot wait to play again with them today and the following days.
P.S.: Armando, I have emailed you three times, but every time the mail bounced back; anyway I am looking forward to meeting you Saturday.
I will keep you informed.
Saludos amigos!
Andrea

[This message has been edited by Dreamer (edited 05-14-2003).]

#146044 - 05/13/03 07:54 AM Re: Saludos Amigos!
SD_FAN Offline

Loc: São Paulo, SP / Brazil
Ei Andrea.

I don't know what is your travel plan, but you must know São Paulo before going back to Italy.
Finally Saturday I'm going to Know you and Chico personally, listen to your performance and eat "una pasta con il vero Parmeggiano".
(and know my 9000Pro).

Buon giorno,
Armando

#146045 - 05/13/03 10:08 PM Re: Saludos Amigos!
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Andrea, I assume that you remembered to bring your 'brand new' awesome 5 megapixel yet compact Canon S50 digital camera with you, and are taking LOTS of beautiful pictures to share with us. Greeting to Armando & Chico as well. I wish I could be there to experience the warmth of Brazil as well. Keep us updated with the latest news, pics, and video clips from your S50. Don't forget to take video clips of your performances at the Bossa Concert and post them as well. - Scott

#146046 - 05/14/03 02:43 AM Re: Saludos Amigos!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Andrea,

Glad to know that you're having fun in Brazil! It's an interesting country, you're going to love it. I make Scott's words mine. Please share with us your Bossanova in Concert experiences! Um abraço, para o Chico também, and and have lots of fun in your performances!

-- José.

#146047 - 05/14/03 06:06 AM Re: Saludos Amigos!
trtjazz Offline

Andrea,
Enjoy, and do bring back pictures.
Terry

------------------
jam on,
Terry http://imjazzed.homestead.com/Index.html

#146048 - 05/14/03 10:50 AM Re: Saludos Amigos!
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Dear friends,
I love Brazil and I love Belo Horizonte!
The climate here is much better than in Rio (too humid, even if right now it`s the beginning of autumn).
The people are extremely friendly (maybe because they know that I am a friend of Chico).
Yesterday we had a long rehearsal with incredible musicians and, after many months of playing with a canned arrangement, it was like breathing fresh air: a real brazilian guitarist and two percussionists. My only problem now is that I have to tweak my bossa registrations, to mute the acoustic guitar track and the drum tracks.
Scott, yes, I have brought with me my new Canon camera and also my Sony Mini DV camcorder, but Chico told me that maybe they will shoot a DVD from the concert.
The theatre is beautiful, a real jewel as far as acoustics is concerned; it`s in the music faculty of the Belo Horizonte University and a niece of Chico is doing the coreographic part.
Everything is new to me; just to give you an idea, one of the songs features a young girl playing her harp (yes, a Bossa Nova with a harp!)
Okay, I will give you more details in the next few days, but Chico already told me that he is going to accomodate next year concert dates so as more of you will be able to come here (got it, all you latin music lovers )
Agora muitos saludos!
Andrea

[This message has been edited by Dreamer (edited 05-14-2003).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online