SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#145319 - 09/15/05 03:18 AM OT - I'm on the mend!
girljam Offline

Loc: FL
Got out of the hospital this past Friday, was in for 8 days - 6 of those days in the cardiac ICU unit . . . this is why no posts from me lately!
BP was thru the roof, stress test looked bad, so a cardiac cath was done. No major blockages, but some minor "clean up" was done.
I'm on LOTS of new meds, (have been diagnosed with hypertension for several years), and most of them making me very sleepy, so taking it a bit easy for the next few weeks, but i'm still lurking!!

Mike, if you are reading this, love what you did with all the SZ pics = too neat!

Jill

PSR S970, PSR S910, ShureSM57 mics, and way too much misc.

#145320 - 09/15/05 04:33 AM Re: OT - I'm on the mend!
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Whoa, Jill glad to hear your feeling better (although you don't say that) and back on the road to recovery.

We all go through wake-up calls which slap us in the face to start taking better care of ourselves. Unfortunately, the physical wake-ups are very painful.

I too have hypertension, but it's been under control and normal now for the past 6 years thanks to my conservative, yet prudent physician who slowly and steadly changed my med dosage to match my weight/diet lifestyle. Loosing the sodium in my foods, shedding 20 lbs, and actively exercising has done wonders for my physiology.

Hopefully, you can get back to normal real soon.

Regards,
Al

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#145321 - 09/15/05 05:45 AM Re: OT - I'm on the mend!
Dnj Offline

Jil....
Glad your home & well...Hihg Blood presure is nothing to ignor its the "Silent Killer"
This is one of the reasons I lost 100 Pounds thruout the past year. Good to have you back here on the SZ.

#145322 - 09/15/05 06:06 AM Re: OT - I'm on the mend!
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Jill:

Sorry we did not know about your hospital stay sooner. Glad to hear you are home. Hypertension (I have it too)is a serious health issue and I hope you have a good physician. Be well and "lurk" with us as often as you can.

All the best, RICE (The Lone Arranger)

#145323 - 09/15/05 06:14 AM Re: OT - I'm on the mend!
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Jill:

Welcome back glad to have you out of the hospital!!! I wondered why you hadn't posted lately. Take care of yourself!!! Add me to the list of someone who had high BP and too much weight. But that was 21 years ago I got on an exercise program and also shed some weight. As Al has said excercise helps the cause.

Stay well!

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 09-15-2005).]

#145324 - 09/15/05 07:09 AM Re: OT - I'm on the mend!
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Jill,

Glad to hear you're OK and on the road to recovery. I can only echo what others have said about getting into shape and taking control of your health. I was headed in the same direction a few years ago and decided to take control by going on the South Beach Diet, which seems to have reversed the trend to a significant degree. While I was not hypertensive, my resting blood pressure was considerably higher than it was a decade earlier, and unfortunately so was my pulse rate and weight. Tipping the scales at 225 I purchased the South Beach Diet book, read it cover to cover, and a week later was well on my way to getting healthier. After loosing 50 pounds, my resting blood pressure is now 110/55 to 110/60 with a pulse rate of 60 to 65. My cholesterol is down from 257 to 212, triglicerides are the best they have been since I was 25 years old, and all subsequent blood workups have been outstanding. My doctor is now on the program and says she cannot believe the results.

Keep in mind this program was designed by a cardiologist, one that reported his patients were not getting better on the American Heart Association's Diet. In fact, most got progressively worse until he came up with this program.

I personally was taking an increasing number of medications, some of which had very nasty side effects. Now, the only meds I take are one aspirin daily and one to shrink the prostate. The same is true with my wife, who was taking huge numbers of pills, and the number was growing monthly. Since loosing 44 pounds and getting into some light exercising she no longer has to take most of those medications--including one for diabetes. Her blood sugar is perfectly normal since going on South Beach.

I hope to make another whirlwind tour of the sunny south again next year, and with luck we'll meet in person at that time.

Stay healthy,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#145325 - 09/15/05 07:39 AM Re: OT - I'm on the mend!
msutliff Offline

Loc: Cottage Grove, MN, USA
Hey Jill,

Glad to hear that you're back home and taking it easy.

I'm also glad to hear that you liked the SynthZone Lonely Hearts Club Band picture. Like I said in that thread, in a roundabout way, you started it. Or should I say, your first posting of Marilyn's picture started it. That shot reminded me of a similar shot used on the album cover (the one in the middle, right behind Gary). So I took your real (beautiful) photo and worked on blending it in to the standing Marilyn in the lower right-hand corner. I liked the black&white photo with the gold dress and that your top now looked like a shawl. I mean, the whole thing fell into place and I didn't really do much. A testiment to your natural beauty, for sure! Anyway, after that I was hooked. I'd add a few mug-shots, then do some real work, add a few more during breaks and lunch, and so on. Took me two days to complete.

That aside, back to the real business at hand....you. Take care of yourself! We want you around for a long, long time!

-mike

#145326 - 09/15/05 07:58 AM Re: OT - I'm on the mend!
Tony Rome Offline

Loc: Cozumel Mexico
Jill...First of all, I didn't know you were in the hospital and I'm sure that a lot of members didn't know either.....WELCOME BACK
and God Bless...the main thing is you are on the mend...as Gary and the others have already stated, take care of yourself and make some changes....I have to do the same..
we are all gald you are doing better..again,
WELCOME HOME.....
Tony Rome

[This message has been edited by Tony Rome (edited 09-15-2005).]

#145327 - 09/15/05 09:09 AM Re: OT - I'm on the mend!
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Jill . sorry to hear the news, but glad you are on the way to revovery ...
My sister-in-law also suffers from hypertension, high cholesterol, etc. ... and she eats right, exercises, etc. ... She recently has been seeing her doctor 2x a week because her BP was something like 230/90 !!! However, I cannot understand why they haven't done a cath or stress test for her ...
We will be praying for your full recovery ...
t.

#145328 - 09/15/05 09:45 AM Re: OT - I'm on the mend!
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Jill, as others here, I too didn't know you were in the hospital. I'm glad though to hear that you're on mend (lower BP) with the new meds. I trust (hope) that your body will adapt & overcome the med side effects. In the meantime, welcome back. We missed seeing you here. - Scott

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online