SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#144933 - 08/08/02 12:11 AM PSR 740 Vocal harmony distortion
sunnycool Offline

Loc: india
At present while usin the PSR 740 and its Vocal harmony feature Im utilising a very cheap approx 12$ MIC.When I use KARAOKE GIRL on the VH with a DELAY LCR DSP,the voice distorts very much. Will the quality of the MIC depend on the effectiveness of the VH. Will I get better results on a MIC like Shure or Studiomaster? PL.Help
THX

#144934 - 08/08/02 06:36 AM Re: PSR 740 Vocal harmony distortion
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
You will certainly get better results from a better mic. But, the mic input on the 740 was pretty weak. I had trouble getting it to sound clean. It was very muddy. I had to roll off bass and REALLY boost the highs to get it useable. All these problems were eliminated on the 2000.
Almost forgot!!!! There is a bug in the 2000 that doesn't allow the Karaoke Girl to work properly. You will hear the "girl", but the main vocal is not eliminated. Yamaha will not admit that there is anything wrong with it, but they emailed me a "fix" for it anyway.
When you get the 2K, please call them and register another complaint. Maybe if enough people protest, they will do an upgrade. Naw. . . they couldn't care less.
DonM

[This message has been edited by DonM (edited 08-08-2002).]

#144935 - 08/08/02 06:56 AM Re: PSR 740 Vocal harmony distortion
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Don,
You're right when you say they don't really care about that problem... Now if this was a problem with the Yamaha Motif or the 9000 Pro they'd take care of it.. When is Yamaha going to get it through their thick skulls that there are a lot of professionals out there who use their semi-pro keyboards for professional use????? They are so damn stubborn in this area. It's like they think that if you're a pro then you need to by the pro gear... Hell I've even seen studio pictures that had the Yamaha DJX being used.. Yamaha really needs a face lift on customer support for their semi-pro keyboards...

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 08-08-2002).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#144936 - 08/08/02 07:13 AM Re: PSR 740 Vocal harmony distortion
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Whether it's for professional use, or for a 5-year-old kid, the keyboard should be as advertised. The 2000 is not, and never has been. When I complained about the OS not being in Flash Rom, they directed me to the disclaimer line that said something like "all specifications subject to change".
Can you just see Ford Motor Co. telling someone, "Of course we advertised it as having a transmission, but all specifications are subject to change."
DonM

#144937 - 08/08/02 07:32 AM Re: PSR 740 Vocal harmony distortion
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
when Yamaha says "specifications subject to change" this is their way of saying "oops", and avoiding legal problems.
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online