SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#144607 - 07/09/02 07:14 AM Re: Yamaha TYROS
Dnj Offline

Hmmmmm? I'm not convinced yet. I still think this Tyros thing is nothing more then a PSR9000 in disguise with a few minor changes.

#144608 - 07/09/02 07:30 AM Re: Yamaha TYROS
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Yes, it is a subwoofer on the floor. The system pictured is the YSTMS50 80 watt system. I don't know if that will be the final audio system but that's what has been suggested.
I think I read somewhere else in my literature from Yamaha yesterday that there would be 4 aux outputs on the back of the TYROS. I'll check that when I get to my store today.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#144609 - 07/09/02 07:54 AM Re: Yamaha TYROS
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
technicsplayer ...... thank you .... I knew SOMETHING was wrong with that sentence, but couldn't figure out what .... maybe because English (or the American version thereof) is my native tongue !!!
t.

#144610 - 07/09/02 07:58 AM Re: Yamaha TYROS
technicsplayer Offline

quote "No mention yet of digital recording outputs on the Tyros for studio users either"

they say usb, maybe digital audio comes down the usb as well as data like on the KN7000?

#144611 - 07/09/02 10:45 AM Re: Yamaha TYROS
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
I can clear up a few points about TYROS.When I arrived at my store, I called a friend at Yamaha who just received a TYROS prior to his attending the Summer NAMM show in Nashville next week. He has been playing the keyboard for the last few days, but does not have all the specs available because the owners manual was not included.
First, about the speaker system, I found out that the speakers(left and right) and sub woofer have no power amps inside of them. The amps are in the keyboard with their own jacks marked to left, to right and sub. Each with it's own power amp built inside the TYROS. Then, there are stereo outs plus aux 1 and 2 and like the 9000 series, a set of aux loop outs and in's for effects.
Not only is there XG, but according to my friend, many of the samples have been improved upon making the XG bank better then previously available.
As to the word in the literature sent to me "unrecognizable", he laughed and said it should be indistinguisable.
Reading posts from this forum with many wondering if this keyboard would just be an upgrade of the 9000 series or a pro version of the PSR2000, I was told that this keyboard is a brand new keyboard with an emphasis on sounds and styles,which Yamaha has been told by myself and I'm sure most players and store owners around the world, would be needed in a new top of the line machine to compete with Ketron, Generalmusic, Korg, Roland and other manufactures.
As to price, this is still under consideration because the keyboard could be sold with or without speakers and they have yet to decide which way to price it.
I also asked if you could use your own non-powered monitors, such as studio monitors and the answer was "could be" although he hadn't tried this yet and I don't know what the jack configuration looks like. The power output was also something he couldn't answer because he had not received those kind of specs yet.
This product could be seen as early as October, if no other changes are neccessary, but we will have to wait until after NAMM to know for sure.
Tyros will be shown to my sometime soon after NAMM so that I might have an opportunity to play with it prior to it's being shipped by Yamaha to dealers. I do not go to the summer NAMM show in July so I will have to wait an extra week or so.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online