SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#144571 - 10/20/05 04:47 PM Re: OK... I've done it .... :)
ccdmax Offline

Loc: South Jersey
Quote:
Originally posted by spalding:
...PS i am still a Tyros fan but in my opinion you really wont need to play both boards

The reason I got them both is, I do a lot of recordings for various church groups and individuals. What I am after is a ability to create, change and use of styles and sounds. I have noticed over many years of experience that Yamaha's and Korg's sound different. You can take and convert styles, but they will never sound the same. The other thing is Korg will allow me to write a song the way I want with their superb sequencers, but yamaha has that specific sound which no matter how you try to emulate it... you just can't. To me owning both is having best of both worlds, allowing me to be creative as never before and I hope I don't have to upgrade for a very long, long... very loooong time...

cheers

------------------
Yamaha PSR9000, PSR730, Korg Karma, X5D, Yamaha Tyros2 and Korg PA1X Pro on it's way smile

#144572 - 10/21/05 03:07 AM Re: OK... I've done it .... :)
KFingers Offline

Loc: Brighton - UK
ccdmax - What no G70 in your collection? We'd better have a whip round and see if we can't raise enough to buy one for you.

Your's very jealously - KF

#144573 - 10/21/05 05:45 AM Re: OK... I've done it .... :)
ccdmax Offline

Loc: South Jersey
Quote:
Originally posted by KFingers:
ccdmax - What no G70 in your collection? We'd better have a whip round and see if we can't raise enough to buy one for you.

Your's very jealously - KF

Seriously G70 is on my list so is Ketron and Technics... one day I know I'll get them all, but I ain't rich yet...
Right now I have to sell my PSR9000, PSR730 and Korg X5D maybe... just to justify "the upgrade" ...
But I don't think I'll get rid of Tyros2 & PA1X for a long time. My entire studio will be build around these two.
Just to think about it... the UPS guy is coming with my E-MU 1616M today and my new AT4040 mic has already been delivered
Life is good ...

cheers

------------------
Yamaha PSR9000, PSR730, Korg Karma, X5D, Yamaha Tyros2 and Korg PA1X Pro on it's way smile

#144574 - 10/21/05 07:13 PM Re: OK... I've done it .... :)
claudiu Offline

Loc: Sterling Heights, Michigan USA
You guys, can't you see how small a Tyros2 is ? It's really small...what can you do with something that small ?

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online