SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#144454 - 12/28/05 04:42 PM what goes around comes around
pianodano Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia
Also there needs to be an addendum to this story and since Danny does not seem to be forthcoming with the update to correct his errors, I will in fairness to Yamaha and the Tyros. This is a post from George Kaye at synthzone and has been confirmed by Dan O and E. coast dealer as well.

T

Danny,
Your dealer didn't give you all the facts:
Yamaha cancelled all the dealerships last month so that they could establish a newly created dealership of those dealers willing to stock the Tyros, the PSR3000 and the PSR1500. In the past, all dealers could buy a Tyros if they carried the other PSR keyboards. Yamaha has decided that stores should support the whole line of Pro Arranger Yamaha keybaords and not just be able to order a keyboard without having inventory or even knowing anything about the product.
So now, I have received a certified letter from Yamaha stating that on July 1 I would no longer be set up to sell these products and then a week or so later I received another dealer agreement which I had to sign which states I would maintain one to show and one to go of each of the 3 models currently available. I applaud Yamaha for doing this, protecting me, a stocking dealer who has to spend so much time learning how to use and support my customers rather than the dealer who just takes a sale away because he sells it for a few dollars less but didn't have to do anything to get the sale and won't be able to support his customer.
The Tyros has not been discontinued. Only certain dealers were!

------------------
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California

My My. A part of a thread from last july where I and my friend of mine was basically called liars for trying to let folks know Yamaha had dumped Tyros. Did your tactics work and enable you to sell all the discontinued ones ?

I'll bet this won't be around long

[This message has been edited by pianodano (edited 12-28-2005).]

#144455 - 12/28/05 08:11 PM Re: what goes around comes around
trtjazz Offline

As I recall, your cry of wolf was that the Tyros was discontinued.

It wasn't period. You and your friend were in error.
So what's your point here, other than to start crap, for your error?
Terry

------------------
jam on,
Terry
http://www.musicchops.com/forums/

#144456 - 12/28/05 08:12 PM Re: what goes around comes around
The Accordionist Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by pianodano:
Also there needs to be an addendum to this story and since Danny does not seem to be forthcoming with the update to correct his errors, I will in fairness to Yamaha and the Tyros. This is a post from George Kaye at synthzone and has been confirmed by Dan O and E. coast dealer as well.

T

Danny,
Your dealer didn't give you all the facts:
Yamaha cancelled all the dealerships last month so that they could establish a newly created dealership of those dealers willing to stock the Tyros, the PSR3000 and the PSR1500. In the past, all dealers could buy a Tyros if they carried the other PSR keyboards. Yamaha has decided that stores should support the whole line of Pro Arranger Yamaha keybaords and not just be able to order a keyboard without having inventory or even knowing anything about the product.
So now, I have received a certified letter from Yamaha stating that on July 1 I would no longer be set up to sell these products and then a week or so later I received another dealer agreement which I had to sign which states I would maintain one to show and one to go of each of the 3 models currently available. I applaud Yamaha for doing this, protecting me, a stocking dealer who has to spend so much time learning how to use and support my customers rather than the dealer who just takes a sale away because he sells it for a few dollars less but didn't have to do anything to get the sale and won't be able to support his customer.
The Tyros has not been discontinued. Only certain dealers were!

Wow, this takes the cake for most confusing post of the past year.

What are you saying?

Crazy.

You DO know you can buy an original Tyros today, right? Not discontinued at all. Just a newer model came out. Happens every day.

I hope your post does stay around so I can closely follow it and try to figure out who you're mad at and what the heck you're talking about!

Tommy

#144457 - 12/29/05 05:09 AM Re: what goes around comes around
pianodano Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia
Quote:
Originally posted by trtjazz:
As I recall, your cry of wolf was that the Tyros was discontinued.

It wasn't period. You and your friend were in error.
So what's your point here, other than to start crap, for your error?
Terry

huh ?? Tyros hasn't been listed in the product list for a long long time.
http://music.yamaha.com/products/categor...B1D4?groupId=21

Accordionist,

A well orchestrated conspiracy can be very confusing. And yes you can still find old stock if you are so inclined

[This message has been edited by pianodano (edited 12-29-2005).]

#144458 - 12/29/05 06:34 AM Re: what goes around comes around
The Accordionist Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by pianodano:
huh ?? Tyros hasn't been listed in the product list for a long long time.
http://music.yamaha.com/products/categor...B1D4?groupId=21

Accordionist,

A well orchestrated conspiracy can be very confusing. And yes you can still find old stock if you are so inclined

[This message has been edited by pianodano (edited 12-29-2005).]

Uhhh, if you say so. Link below taken DIRECTLY from Yamaha's US Product Site:
http://www.yamaha.com/yamahavgn/CDA/List...PRODUCT,00.html

EDIT:

Furthermore, if you go to the link that YOU provided, click on the left side of the page on Arrangers, you'll see four listed and you guessed it, the TYROS is one of them.

Beeeeeeeezarrrrrrrre.

[This message has been edited by The Accordionist (edited 12-29-2005).]

#144459 - 12/29/05 07:26 AM Re: what goes around comes around
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
I have Verizon DSL. Tell you the truth it's all a big buisness crock if you ask me.

In my location Verizon and Charter Cable have totally monopolized the entire area. They have set up so many loop holes and so much red tape that it makes it 10 times as hard for other companies to move in and compete.

I cannot believe the price for Charter cable in my area. You think they'd drop their prices to compete with Direct TV and others.

My wife and I have the Verizon Freedom package and the DSL package together. Our bill for the two is over $100 a month.

As long as "greed" is in the picture the prices will always be jacked and we'll always get screwed in the end

Squeak

OH CRAP! Sorry folks, meant for this to be a reply under the DSL post Sorry guys, clicked on the wrong topic

OOOPS!

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 12-29-2005).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#144460 - 12/29/05 01:58 PM Re: what goes around comes around
trevorjohn Offline

Loc: Cambridge United Kingdom
Thanks for that Squeak!!!!!!!!
I thought for a moment that I was losing my marbles

#144461 - 12/29/05 06:08 PM Re: what goes around comes around
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Trevor,
me too, must just be one of those days.

best wishes
Rikki