SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#14434 - 04/06/01 11:00 AM Cannot Save my new sound!! PLease Help
sk880user Offline

Loc: United States
Hello friends,

I worked hard on a wave sound on my computer, then I loaded to SK880 and created a nice sound from it. Then I tried to save it from RAM to the built-in harddrive (I have SK880PS), just in case I lose it, so here is what I did:

1) selected to SAVE operation
2) selected Harddrive
3) selected SINGLE SOUND
4) selected the new RAM sound
5) selected a directory in the Harddisk

and I got the following message:

"SORRY:

Cannot save SINGLE sound to another location"

What does this mean? Can somebody please how it is done?

Thanks

#14435 - 04/06/01 08:51 PM Re: Cannot Save my new sound!! PLease Help
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
SK880 user,
what this means is that you can't save from the location you are saving from in the internal memory to any other spot on your hard drive. I remember seing this come up when I would try to load a sound from a block which contained a sampled sound into the internal memory. Here is an example:
Say I have a single sound which I want to load, and when I find it in the load display it is at the location marked 121-5. When I try to load it into 110-3 the same display you saw comes up. I found out from Generalmusic that you can only load and save into exactly the same locations they came from. I hope this helps
George Kaye
(Retired 2021)

#14436 - 04/07/01 06:42 AM Re: Cannot Save my new sound!! PLease Help
eddy awada Offline

Loc: MI,usa
right when you're ready to save the new sound you created to the subdirectory in the hard drive you should look at your sound location number(for example.1-25) then choose the same location(1-25)in the drive by scrolling down to that location then save it.
there is an easier way to locate the location youre looking for by typing it's number rather than scrolling down,if you need more info an this let me know.
Eddy

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online