SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#144186 - 07/21/06 11:09 PM New Tune getting use to the psr3000
beachbum Offline

Loc: Austin
Just for the folks who like to know what can be done with the board.. This was done all on me 3000 which I'm getting attached to...(this is more for folks who compose originals) If you have the time check out California.. http://www.soundclick.com/pro/view/01/default.cfm?bandID=313920&content=music

Thanks

[This message has been edited by beachbum (edited 07-21-2006).]

#144187 - 07/22/06 03:48 AM Re: New Tune getting use to the psr3000
Nick G Offline

Loc: Sydney, NSW, Australia
Top Stuff!

was this made using the built in song sequencer or have you used something like cakewalk sonar or cubase for the backing?

#144188 - 07/22/06 03:59 AM Re: New Tune getting use to the psr3000
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Terrific!

Very polished and professional.

Ian

#144189 - 07/22/06 06:34 AM Re: New Tune getting use to the psr3000
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Duncan, Perhaps it's because I just live here (California) but this is my FAV of yours. Your vocal is 'right on' pitch. I like your use of vocal prosity with the lyric and the way you multi-tracked your voice to have it 'come in' like a round. Man, have you working with a vocal or music coach, or have you made all this musical progress on your own?

California's an infectious tune I just can't stop singing it. I like the urgency in your voice, constrasted with the laid back mellow beat. Your songwriting skill on this tune is suberb as well.

Duncan. I'm really impressed with how much musical growth you've made since I first heard you 3 years ago. I knew you had terrific potential then, but you've exeeded my expectation.

By the way, knowing you for a long time now, have always wondered why you call yourself Beachbum. Btw: REally enjoy your new website look & going back to listen to your other songs there as well. Lots of good stuff.

Scott

#144190 - 07/22/06 02:04 PM Re: New Tune getting use to the psr3000
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
My favorite of yours so far: vocally and playing style.

Thanks for sharing.

Eric

#144191 - 07/22/06 03:27 PM Re: New Tune getting use to the psr3000
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
A good solid performance!

#144192 - 07/22/06 04:32 PM Re: New Tune getting use to the psr3000
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Great job!

#144193 - 07/22/06 09:51 PM Re: New Tune getting use to the psr3000
beachbum Offline

Loc: Austin
Thanks for the listen..

I spent a lot of time on this one to get it to work.. Their was a point I almost thought of dropping it.. But it was that chorus that kept me at it..

Nick G - I always do the basic recording through the built in sequencer.. That way if I want to change an instrument, or speed it up I don't have to re-record it.. Then I use Adobe Audition to add more tracks from their... This one ended up being about 15 tracks including vocals...

ianmcnll, Eric, B, Scott L(Thanks for helping me with getting to love the board!)Stephenm52 - Thanks for the thumbs up..

Scottyee - This is the result of 3 years and really getting to know your equipment and recording method.. No coach, just moving along and hopefully getting better.. I like to burn a cd of whatever I'm doing and play it on the way back and forth from work, that really helps.. Also, I'm spending more time on the music and lyrics.. California took 2 months.. I just couldn't get it the way I wanted.. For me, I can't just put a tune together in a day it goes through weeks and it can totally change from what it was when I started... Growth? I have a bit of an obsession with making tunes and is a very dangerous hobby to have while trying to keep a very cool day job...(I tend to stay up to late at night and sometimes I'm not as sharp as I should be for work). As for Beachbum, was just a log in name when I started my hobby... Plus I just love the beach... Kind of funny, I just got back from South Padre and they have a duo down their called the beachbums... They did a nice set.. Thanks for nice words and the response!

D-

[This message has been edited by beachbum (edited 07-22-2006).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online