SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#144160 - 10/05/07 11:13 AM Re: 2nd defective PSR S900
Dnj Offline

Thanx Ian.....

I also like the on board mixer makes for usable versatility for what ever arises.

#144161 - 10/05/07 03:18 PM Re: 2nd defective PSR S900
Falberto347 Offline

Loc: Perth Amboy, New Jersey, USA
I forgot to mention that in both instances I did check the boxes and packing components very carefully and everything was intact. Not even a single scratch on the outside of the 2 boxes. But it is difficult to believe they are coming out of the factory in such conditions.
One thing I could say is that the cracked plastic in the back of the 1st keyboard was thin and it looked cheap. It reminded me a $99 casio. After seeing that, I don't think I will try another one. Good sound is #1 priority, but for me durability and reliability are also a need. I can't afford a decent keyboard every 2 years. I have my SD1 since 2003.

Thanks,

FA

#144162 - 10/08/07 01:01 AM Re: 2nd defective PSR S900
Burkels Offline

Loc: Alkmaar, The Netherlands, Euro...
Quote:
Originally posted by jedi:
Nick ,
What I was saying is a general lack of quality control , not the fact that just one store had just 2 bad units.

The company I work for, gets good delivered by sea quite often. I have seen sea-containers getting dropped by accident and from the reaction of the guys handling the container, I did not get the impression that I was witnessing something rare.

It is very well possible that a large batch from Yamaha was handled improperly on its way to/through the US. I think it's nonsense to suggest that Yamaha willfully ships instruments that are not checked thoroughly, or in any other way below Yamaha standards.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online