SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#144150 - 10/05/07 08:19 AM Re: 2nd defective PSR S900
Dnj Offline

buyer beware.............hold on to your 3k's/t2 until this is totaly resolved maybe a UNIT RECALL will be in order for sure.

#144151 - 10/05/07 08:25 AM Re: 2nd defective PSR S900
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Things are well here in Canada, Donny...no problems...but USA buyers should beware and have the keyboard checked before purchase.

I love my S900.

Ian

#144152 - 10/05/07 09:12 AM Re: 2nd defective PSR S900
Dnj Offline

I hope they get this resolved soon.....
the bad seed has been planted in the minds of perspective buyers on the S-series, & the sir has come out of the balloon, but I hope it doesn't become the "EDSEL" of the arranger KB industry.
Yamaha common get it fixed, and get people happy & excited again !!

#144153 - 10/05/07 09:47 AM Re: 2nd defective PSR S900
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I think we are making too much of it. As far as I can see, there is only a handful of units with problems, mine included. They will handle them on a one-by-one basis unless a larger pattern emerges. If it does, then Yamaha may have to do something drastic. I feel it's too soon for panic.
Expecting my new one any day.
DonM

#144154 - 10/05/07 09:50 AM Re: 2nd defective PSR S900
Dnj Offline

Don not true ....the arranger world is much larger then the SZ & what we're hearing ....who really knows what world wide defects users are having around the globe?
One defective unit is one too many .....I really hope they take an aggressive stand and correct the problem asap......the holidays are coming and sales will soar & so will the Complaints if this is a bigger problem then we assume.

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 10-05-2007).]

#144155 - 10/05/07 10:12 AM Re: 2nd defective PSR S900
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Of course nobody wants a defective unit, but assuming it's a worldwide problem because we know of 3 or 4? I don't know how many have problems, but I do know Yamaha is quick to replace them. Until they can discern if and where a problem exists, that's all we can expect. To ask for a total recall because of a handful of problems seems a little radical to me.
Korg sold me a keyboard that was virtually unusable because it sounded like it had a blanket over it. Nobody clamored for a recall, but evidently they did address it at least somewhat with an OS update.
I think it was several OS updates before Roland's G70 became acceptable also.
We don't know if these problems are hardware or software related, or even how many are affected. I know mine was damaged by UPS, as is ALMOST EVERY PACKAGE I GET FROM THEM.
I wish we could recall UPS, at least in my area of the world.
I gotta go make a living now!
DonM

#144156 - 10/05/07 10:13 AM Re: 2nd defective PSR S900
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
I really hope they take an aggressive stand and correct the problem asap......the holidays are coming and sales will soar & so will the Complaints if this is a bigger problem then we assume.

Don't worry, Donald...Yamaha is already fixing things as we speak.

And, Don M is correct...it is much too soon to panic...calm down, have a cuppa tea...play your PA-800.

By the way, how do you like it so far? Did you get the bad style fills sorted out?

And...are you thinking of getting the new 76 note Korg?

Ian

#144157 - 10/05/07 10:20 AM Re: 2nd defective PSR S900
saxxman Offline

Loc: Niceville, FL USA
Guys - I just played my S900 for about an hour, working w/regs (most of which I had to reset and tweak to get them right because some of the voices on the T2 which are not on the S900).

I am apparently among the lucky guys (knock wood!) and haven't seen an issue w/this board. It is truly a great sounding and playing keyboard. I am hoping all the folks on here w/issues will get them solved and Yamaha will take care of their obvious quality control problems.

I have noted on other forums that there are apparently a lot of happy S900 owners, many of which seem to be outside the U.S. I have only seen the one complaint from the gal in Finland regarding registrations not working for her.

Once again, I hope all the folks w/S900 problems get them addressed soon and that Yamaha takes immediate action to correct the flaws that are slipping through.

Randy

PA4X, SX900 (Baby Genos), Roland U-20, L1 Compact, Way 2 Many Saxes

"My computer beats me routinely at chess - but it's NO MATCH for me at kick boxing!"

#144158 - 10/05/07 10:24 AM Re: 2nd defective PSR S900
Dnj Offline

1- Dominick not Donald

2- Fills are fine, they work a bit different then Yamaha Pa800 is doing a fine job, so far I'm really enjoying performing with it & still learning its ins & out as I go along.

3- Panic for a gigging musician with a defective unit is imperative that is is remedied immediately, Yamaha has a good track record, lets hope they make this right asap.

4-Ian as far as the 76 keys which Im so glad KORG is addressing with the release of their new Pa units will be a consideration ....maybe more so for a studio piece & backup at this time.

5- Whats your opinion of the Yamaha stage-pass PA system as far as power, coverage, flexibility, & of course Sound?

#144159 - 10/05/07 11:03 AM Re: 2nd defective PSR S900
ianmcnll Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
1- Dominick not Donald

5- Whats your opinion of the Yamaha stage-pass PA system as far as power, coverage, flexibility, & of course Sound?

1.Sorry Donny...I have a friend Dominick who goes by Dom.

5. The Stagepas 300 is nice...good separation, not an extreme amount of bass but quite sufficient for my ears.

I used the Stagepas 500 last week...pretty cool, more than enough power, great sound and coverage, definitely heavier than the 300...but, in my clinics, I don't have to move the stuff..it is set up for me.

I have a set of 15 year old Yamaha MS60s powered monitors that work perfect for most of my dinner gigs, and if I need more oomph, I'll rent a system.

Ian

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online