SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#144050 - 07/15/02 09:16 PM Re: psr1000/2000 music finder plus
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
The total memory of the 2K is less than a floppy, so it doesn't hold much. I have about a dozen styles, and a few registrations. No songs, because they take a lot of memory. The Music Finder takes very little memory.
DonM

#144051 - 07/16/02 06:19 AM Re: psr1000/2000 music finder plus
Zack Offline

hey scott.
don is right. and the 1k has half the memory that the 2k does. so songs are out. but the registrations are i think 8x10. it says in your manual. and you have several HUNDRED disks??? thats nuts. ive been surfing the net for days now and i've got like 20 disks. maybe. you got any good dance/pop/rock stuff? let me know. oh, and i can store about 5 styles in the memory, on my 1k. i also got rid of the music finder database, which saved me about 60k right there, which is another two styles. thanks. zack

#144052 - 07/16/02 04:03 PM Re: psr1000/2000 music finder plus
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hi Zack

Here are some sites that should give you more than you can use:

Go to the Synthzone homepage and click on Yamaha. Scroll down the list and start with PSR2000 Users site. They have some files you can download tweeked for the 2000 but will work on the 1000. Then click on resources, this will take you to a great bunch of sites for more free downloads.

Another site that will take you around the world getting styles also listed in this Yamaha section of Synthzone is PSR-The Unofficial Homepage.

Here's one that should keep you busy for a while: http://www.spectromagic.com/PSR-Styles-Vault-Archive/

I think any PSR model styles will work on yours. You will find as you go through that all the other brands are listed and they have been converted to work on PSR models. Clavinova by Yamaha is another you will definately want.

Enjoy!

Scott

#144053 - 07/17/02 06:43 AM Re: psr1000/2000 music finder plus
Zack Offline

alright, thanks a ton. i've already seen most of those sites, but i only downloaded a few here and there. i saw clarinova, and its a midi file! so im kinda confused. whatever. but which files are the dance/pop/rock ones? i suppose i could download them all and spend a few hours wading through them, but id rather not. :-) so if you know which ones are good offhand, please let me know. thanks so much. zack

oh, and the 1000 can do anything the 2000 can except for the whole microphone bit and a few details. thanks!

#144054 - 07/18/02 08:38 PM Re: psr1000/2000 music finder plus
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hi Zack

I'm pretty much into jazz and swing and standards. I'm not really up on the stuff you want. I am going thru all my stuff one at a time and saving it to a master disk according to style. This takes a while but not so bad once you use short cuts. All I have to do is listen to the intro and maybe variations 1 & 4 and I know whether to keep it or throw it.

You could save some time by saving only styles that have a title you think might work instead of downloading the whole disk.

Scott

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online