SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#144036 - 10/12/04 01:12 AM Re: In-Store Extended Warranty Contracts: Are they Worth it?
Beakybird Offline

According to Consumer Reports - and they crunch the numbers - extended warranties are a bad idea for electronics and for cars and trucks. With a car, you'd be better off putting the money aside for repairs according to Consumer Reports.

Beakybird

#144037 - 10/12/04 09:04 AM Re: In-Store Extended Warranty Contracts: Are they Worth it?
CoasterTim Offline

Loc: Allentown, PA, USA
As a general rule, I never fall for the extended warranty thing. One exception was when I purchased a Pocket PC handheld. I went for the extended warranty...glad I did. It died on me several months later and was replaced with an identical model, which died a few months later, which was replaced with a Palm Pilot, which died months later, which was replaced by a Sony Clie' which is, after 2 years, still alive and well! The warranty provided peace of mind and simple exchange at the store with no questions asked. In this case, I'm glad I bought it.

-----------------------------------------------------------
YAMAHA CVP-509 / Korg Pa300

#144038 - 10/12/04 11:59 AM Re: In-Store Extended Warranty Contracts: Are they Worth it?
btweengigs Offline

Loc: Florida, USA
After purchasing my first PSR 2000, Yamaha sent me a survey form and offered to extend the factory warranty 1 full year if I was willing to answer their questions.

It cost me nothing...and I believe they knew the chances were excellent that it would cost them nothing.

Eddie

#144039 - 10/12/04 12:47 PM Re: In-Store Extended Warranty Contracts: Are they Worth it?
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
When i bought my first laptop from best buy I got talked into the extended warranty, the salesman told me the battery would likely go dead and the warranty would cover a new one. Aout a month before the warranty expired I decided to bring it in and have them check it out. I never ran the computer on the battery just left it plugged in.
Anyhow I got the new battery and while it was there the hard drive failed and they had to put in a new drive too.
But I usually do not buy the warranty, I did with the laptop because i did't know any better.

------------------
qqqwq@hotmail.com

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online