SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#143651 - 10/25/05 06:40 AM Re: T2 is Released, But What do you think is "NEXT" in AR KBs For Yamaha?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Esh:

If you really want to leap ahead past the Tyros 2 I think that time and money could be better spent by looking into the products of smaller companies like Ketron (their MidJay is a good model of where arrangers could be going in the future), the latest models of the Neko from Open Labs for those who want to go into softsynths, and even the ideas that we've come up with for using laptops live in our FLR threads . We've definitely got to look beyond Yamaha for the future of arrangers.

Oh Yeah baby agreed....ya gotta think outside the box
Jim hit the nail on the head
Tyros 2 will be old news soon with the ever changing world of Technology

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 10-25-2005).]

#143652 - 10/25/05 10:33 AM Re: T2 is Released, But What do you think is "NEXT" in AR KBs For Yamaha?
svpworld Offline

Loc: UK
Looking at recent trends over the years, I would predict the following happening over the next few years.

Within the next 2 years, a replacement to the PSR3000. Obviously we will see a few super articulation voices appearing on this level of keyboard, probably aftertouch and most definitely more styles. I would expect to see Live! Drums making their first showcase on the PSR series. Maybe also 3 voice layers instead of 2?

As for the next Tyros... I am not sure yamaha will stick to the Tyros name, although they did with Motif... It could be something new altogether.
Rather than say what I'd like to see on the next big T, this is more what is likely to appear. First of all more voices without a doubt, I am expecting lots of new synth sounds and possibly a combined synth engine with sampler. The Piano will most likely be improved from Clavinova technology, and there will be more drum kits to choose from. We should see lots more super articulation voices, more megavoices and hopefully more choral sounds. There will be all the usual bells and whistles, but the styles will become more interactive, perhaps adjusting complexity and layers according to technique and foot controls. A breath controller would be an amazing feature (for the super articulation sounds), and the sampling will feature more standard memory and better editing features. Expect to see XLR sockets for mics, improvements to the vocal harmoniser, better XG voices and hopefully an option to stretch to 6 octaves!

As for what I would LIKE to see in the next Tyros.......

Reintroduction of PC keyboard connection, for entering text.
An extra octave or two on the keys!
More range on the octave up/down shift buttons
Warmer and more natural bass sounds
More drum kits with natural sounding random voices, also better response when played softly
New synth pads, choral pads and synth leads
More pianos, with features from the Clavinovas
Less reverb on styles!
Better style programming features, perhaps bundle software with T3 for this purpose!
Better quality colour screen
More acoustic guitar voices
Better sampling, multi samples, looping and compatibility with akai etc.
Improved speaker system

S.

------------------

forum.svpworld.com - No adverts, No spam, No nonsense!
share your music, get help and advice, make new friends! All platforms invited!!

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online