SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#143392 - 02/09/00 03:04 PM oriental keyboard
naziz Offline

Loc: liverpool, Uk
please advise me on the best oriental keyboard I could buy. I am aware of GEM WK2 oriental keyboard and the new Roland EM50 OR keyboard. I am told that PSR 9000 may be set for arabic scale as a default. The online manual does not indicate if it has any arabic styles or sounds of arabic music instruments. is there anybody knowledgeable enough to evaluate these 3 keyboards for their oriental abilities, or may like to suggest another keyboard to buy?
N Aziz

#143393 - 02/09/00 09:45 PM Re: oriental keyboard
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
I sell many oriental keyboards in my store in California.
Here are a list of them and what my customers like.
The Solton X1 has scale tunings that are programmable into each of the 200 Registrations. However, the arabic drums and styles will be available soon by Solton.
The Korg i30 has good arabic drums but the tuning is global so you can't store a different tuning in each arrangment. However, there are a lot of styles offered by korg and third party programers.
The WK8 oriental is by far better than the WK2 oriental. The big difference is that there is a 32 track song recorder on the WK8 and only a 5 track recorder on the
wk2. The WK2 has the arabic scale converter on the front panal and the WK8 you need to add their arabic scale box which attaches to the front of the keyboard. The WK2 is the only one of these keyboards with only 32 note Polyphony. All the others I have mentioned are 64.
The Roland EM2000 also has arabic percussion and quarter tone tuning programable for each Performance. I also have a large library of middle eastern styles on zip disks.
This is just a few, there are many other lower priced keyboards we cary. The GEM PK5 oriental, the Roland E14 oriental and the Roland E50 oriental.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, Ca.
(Retired 2021)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online