SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#143367 - 11/02/01 01:35 PM PSR2000 - Now the TRUTH shall be known!!
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Picked one up an hour ago. Plan to use it on the job in two hours. Details to follow.
At first glance it is fantastic. Great sounds, easy to operate, good microphone input sound and controls. E.Q. from the factory is pretty much ready to use.
Gotta go set up. Stay tuned for the REAL WORD.
DonM

#143368 - 11/02/01 06:56 PM Re: PSR2000 - Now the TRUTH shall be known!!
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Uncle Dave loves his, he is very excited about it. It offers the things he likes a bout his 9kPro, plus the features the 2k gives him, his missed speakers and 23lbs..Fran

#143369 - 11/02/01 10:31 PM Re: PSR2000 - Now the TRUTH shall be known!!
DonM Offline

I just got in from the job. I had no problems whatsoever adjusting to the 2000.
I will have some time tomorrow to set it up properly. It is easy to operate and sounds great.
I am particularly impressed by the mic and vocal harmony capabilities.
Also, the internal speakers are really loud. Them seem louder than the 9000 to me.
The new styles are great.
Only problem I seem to be having is that my volume pedal isn't working. It's pretty old and has been through about 5 or 6 keyboards, and maybe it just picked this time to crash. Or maybe I have a setting wrong.
More research tomorrow.
DonM

#143370 - 11/03/01 10:55 AM Re: PSR2000 - Now the TRUTH shall be known!!
Krix Offline

Loc: Linkoping, SWEDEN
I am TUNED! With a pretty bandwidth!

Krix

#143371 - 11/03/01 03:07 PM Re: PSR2000 - Now the TRUTH shall be known!!
DonM Offline

It was a bad foot pedal. Now I have two bad FC7s--and one new one.
I worked with the keyboard for about 2 hours today. It is really easy to edit. There seems to be plenty of memory available for styles and registrations, although I really don't use as any of either as a lot of people.
I did "tweek" the e.q. just a little, but I'm not certain it sounds any better than it did from the box--just different. There are several preset e.q. settings, but I didn't like any of them. There are 2 User e.q. settings and I saved a couple just to try out.
I was prepared to spend a great deal of time working with the e.q., but after I listened to the Minidisk recording from last night, nothing much was needed, in my opinion.
There are many improvements over the 740, in memory capacity, styles, sounds, ease of operation etc. There are even a few things I like better than the 9000.
It's time to get ready for tonight's gig, so I'll reserve more comments for later.
DonM
P.S. By the way, the step-editing in the sequencer is pretty neat.

#143372 - 11/04/01 09:54 AM Re: PSR2000 - Now the TRUTH shall be known!!
DonM Offline

I guess I'll have to read the manual. Every time I turn off the keyboard it fails to remember all the registrations I have changed. I must be overlooking a step somewhere.
I'm off to the reading room (you know, the one with the porcelan chair).
DonM

#143373 - 11/04/01 10:37 AM Re: PSR2000 - Now the TRUTH shall be known!!
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Don,
Before you read to much and get confused, let me explain.
when you save your registrations you are only saving them in a temporary buffer. So, you have to save them either to the user area of the flash or to a floppy disk. Here's how to do it.
1)From the main screen push the button j (registration bank) and select either user or floppy disk by using the page buttons up above the screen on the right side.
2)Push the lower button number 6 (save)
3)Title the name of your registration bank or just push new bank (however I suggest you title your banks using the data entry wheel and the cursor keys to move)
4)Next push the upper button number 8 (ok)
You have now saved your bank but remember, every time you turn off the keyboard and turn it on again you will push the registration bank button from the main screen (j) and then select the bank you want to load. There is no load time, when you push the bank it turns on your registration lights immediately.
Also remember, you can copy and paste from the user area to the floppy or floppy to user. It took me awhile the day I tried to save my registrations to understand this. Now that I've got it I love how it works!
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#143374 - 11/04/01 07:38 PM Re: PSR2000 - Now the TRUTH shall be known!!
DonM Offline

Thanks George, it turns out I had saved it correctly, but didn't remember to recall it.
I agree, it is a really good system. I don't know when I will have time to work with it more, but it will be a few days.
DonM

#143375 - 11/04/01 10:58 PM Re: PSR2000 - Now the TRUTH shall be known!!
shiral Offline

Loc: IL, USA
How many user styles can PSR2000 hold ?

If you have a style stored in the floppy, do you have to load in into the memory before you can play it ?

If you do, how long does it take to load a style normally ?

If you don't, does it take any time to link it directly ?

Thanks in advance
Shiral

P.S.: I baught a PA-80 a few days ago and dissapoited with its fill-ins. I am thinking about returning it and buying a YAMAHA (2000 or 9000). I am particulary interested in user styles. I appreciate your help.

#143376 - 11/05/01 03:48 AM Re: PSR2000 - Now the TRUTH shall be known!!
Guardman2001 Offline

Loc: USA
Hey Shiral. On the PA80, I know what you mean about the fill-ins, they kind of suck. I have found though, that if I push intro or ending instead of fill-in and then push the variation button, I can use the intro or ending button for a fill-in too. It helps alot. I'm still waiting for my psr2000.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online