SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#143289 - 01/15/03 12:07 AM Tyros Mega Voices
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
Can Tyros owners please give some input to the points stated below.
My friend with the Tyros tells me that the MEGA Voices are basically impossible to play live. Some of the guitars require keyboard velocity changes required by the voices that are not possible to archive.
The Mega Demo's on the keyboard must have been specially sequenced.

Graham UK

#143290 - 01/15/03 02:29 AM Re: Tyros Mega Voices
trtjazz Offline

Graham,
I think the way to look at the megas, at least I do, is they are there for pre built styles and to use for revoicing in styles. for that they work great. To do them any justice playing live will take some doing on the guitars. The basses play live a bit easier though, as there are not so many variables as a guitar has.
Terry

#143291 - 01/15/03 06:05 AM Re: Tyros Mega Voices
svpworld Offline

Loc: UK
I have managed to play the mega histring guitar, 12 string and some of the bass sounds live - listen to some of the demo's I put together live on the tyros at http://www.psrworld.com/tyrosdemos.htm#songs

The trick was to split the keyboard and map the same megavoice to both halfs, but octave switch the upper half so as to access the effects. Then adjust the velocity sensitivity so only to trigger the switched samples on heavy playing. It works with a few of the sounds since these only contain 3 layers, the steel string guitar is too complicated though to play live and needs to be programmed with constant velocity and then the velocities adjusted afterwards. Theoretically it could be done in realtime using some form of live midi data processor though to remap the velocities and zones of the keyboard, something I might try in the future.

Simon
SVPworld

------------------
http://www.svpworld.com

#143292 - 01/15/03 06:21 AM Re: Tyros Mega Voices
The Pro Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
I suspect that because of the mapping and velocity issues that either Yamaha plans on creating some type of software specifically for sequencing and/or style creation with the Tyros, or (more likely) they want to hook their Tyros user base into purchasing styles from them exclusively in the future.

#143293 - 01/15/03 09:54 AM Re: Tyros Mega Voices
Louis-Simon Ouellet Offline

Loc: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
hello

just my $0.02 here.
the styles and demos on the Tyros using Megavoice Guitars were sequenced using a yamaha Midi-Guitar (G-50) thats how they got those natural sounding demos.

take care

------------------
Louis-Simon

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online