SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#142983 - 10/19/02 07:58 AM Re: KORG PA80 not good ??
preplapse Offline

For the transposition problem, try pressing GLOBAL, page 2 STYLE/REALTIME=ON. Then exit and go to the menu button next to the record button,page 24 set the M.TRANSPOSE to off. Hope this helps.

#142984 - 10/19/02 10:37 AM Re: KORG PA80 not good ??
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by preplapse:
For the transposition problem, try pressing GLOBAL, page 2 STYLE/REALTIME=ON. Then exit and go to the menu button next to the record button,page 24 set the M.TRANSPOSE to off. Hope this helps.

I am not sure that part 2 is necessary luk as my master trans is always set to on in screen 24 and the transposition never changes when I change styles. Try the first part and see what happens first ( going to global menu, page 2 and making sure that " style realtime " is set to on. If it isn't, change it, and then save this change by pressing the write disk in use button and press global in the menu and follow the prompt to save.

AJ

#142985 - 10/19/02 09:51 PM Re: KORG PA80 not good ??
wrinkles303 Offline

Loc: worthington ,ohio
hi,
i bought a pa60 to replace my i5 on stage. i found that
it really works well with the i5 but i still have reservations about using it alone. please read on before you sell your i30. i would keep it until you are sure that
the pa 60 or 80 will do the job. here's my post on another
forum.
hi everyone:
last month i bought a pa80. i've been
following it's development for the past
2 years. i've been playing a i5s and a
i5m that replace me playing piano, synth,
bass pedals and drum machine. it took a little time to get use to playing this setup.
i had to learn to let the i5 play the rythms,
bass lines and stuff. i first i hated it because the korg i5 sounded better. it opened
up doors to playing different types of music
and sound more like the record. BUT i felt like i wasn't really playing "it was the machine, ie. the i5. when korg dropped the
i series, i heard a lot of bad rap about the
pa 80. alot of frustrated owners. so i finally got the pa80 despite the bad rap. i went thru 3 pa80 in the month. pa1,i had volume problems. took it back to get another.
pa#2 would not save any program changes,this
was confirmed by the store. pa#3 just quit
playing in the first 15 minutes of the set.
not one korg pa80 made it thru a nite. after
the first pa, i learned to keep the i5 close
,just in case. after 3 pa80's, about 40 hours
of cross-matching styles and programming,i
threw in the towel and got my money back.
well here it is less than three weeks later
i come home with a new korg pa60 because i
don't need what the 80 has. (just a basic
arranger for performing). my approach (this
time) is keep it in my studio and enjoy it
for it's sound and take my time exploring
it instead of trying to replace something
that works well for now. i really like what korg is trying to do with the pa series, but
its gonna take a while for me to trust this
machine. i guess changes and progress are for the better, we'll have to wait and see.
i know that the i series are no longer supported(thats why i decided to try again).but sure do miss justplaying instead of programming "sts" and stuff
thanks for letting me vent.

wrinkles303
Junior Member posted 10-08-2002 02:42 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
oh i forgot to mention that the korg
district rep is very aware of this and has
schedule a meeting with me theis month. i will say the support has been great. stay tuned
----------------------------------------------------------
the pa 60 has no sound hold (bass) like the i5 has. this feature is important to me so i keep my i5 on stage. if i
can get past this problem, i think the pa could be trustworthy, its to early to tell.
UPDATE....10/19/02
WELL HERE IT IS ANOTHER KORG PA FAILURE
WEEKEND. AS EXPECTED IT DIDN'T MAKE IT
THRU THE NIGHT. MAN WHAT A PIECE OF CRAP.
EVEN SAM ASH IS LAUGHING ABOUT THIS ONE. THEY
SAID BRING IT BACK NO QUESTIONS. MY 150 DOLLAR I5S BLEW THIS THING OFF THE STAGE. IT'S REALLY BAD WHEN YOU GET REQUEST OF A SONG AND THEN ASK NOT TO USE THAT NEW KEYBOARD. I'M GOING WITH A ROLAND RD700
SOMETHING THAT SOUNDS GOOD AND WILL BE HERE
TOMMORROW. I HAD AN RD 10 YEARS AGO AND ITS STILL A STRONG KEYBOARD. SORRY TO INSULT
ANY PA OWNERS, BUT AFTER 4PA80'S AND 1 PA60
I'VE HAD IT. I'M GOING BACK TO PLAYING MUSIC
NOT PROGRAMMING.

#142986 - 10/19/02 10:50 PM Re: KORG PA80 not good ??
Lou Y Offline

Loc: NY USA
wrinkles303
Sorry to here the PA story. You my friend are literally all KORGED out. Better luck with your next selection.
Lou

#142987 - 10/20/02 04:15 AM Re: KORG PA80 not good ??
trtjazz Offline

My first PA 80 out of the box went back because the floppy drive did not work. The second one though was trouble free for a year and a half. There are too many quality hardware failures for this series keyboard. It has been a very common story of troubles of one sort or another. I would have thought this far into it, it would have been resolved already.
Terry

#142988 - 10/20/02 01:39 PM Re: KORG PA80 not good ??
wrinkles303 Offline

just got back from sam ash. they gladly refunded my money on the pa60. i would like to thank RJ. and Danny at the clearwater
fl store for all their support. now i've got to "de korg" myself. thanks for listening
and the input.
dave

#142989 - 10/20/02 09:30 PM Re: KORG PA80 not good ??
BuleriaChk Offline

Loc: Santa Barbara,CA,USA
Well, I dunno. The ONLY trouble I've had with my PA80 was the first time I tried to install the 3rd party USB drive (not Korg's fault). Korg updates its operating system regularly, and has just posted a new set of very professional files on its site.

The second time was the charm; so far it has worked fine all day....:-). I'ver really enjoyed the instrument; I think the styles are excellent, and programming styles, although not easy, is possible with tools available from Korg and KAT, and other tools available on the excellent www.irishacts.com forums.

Hey, new stuff is coming out all the time, and I look forward to the day when all the AI will be implemented in the PC. And it is ALWAYS fun to have a new toy (depending on your financial resources.)

But a LOT of PA-80's work just fine, and so far I am really delighted with mine........

But, of course, I'm only an insignificant man-guitarist......:-)

BuleriaChk@aol.com

#142990 - 10/21/02 04:07 PM Re: KORG PA80 not good ??
wrinkles303 Offline

korg's support and its dealer has been great.
i think my problem is that pa couldn't meet my demands and i kept trying to "fit a square
peg in around hole". sorry, if i offended
any owners and fellow arranger forum members.
i think i really am korged out.
dave

#142991 - 10/22/02 12:06 AM Re: KORG PA80 not good ??
RicFreak Offline

Loc: Italy
Chuck,
at last, there are two people satisfied with their PA80: me and you!!! :-)

#142992 - 10/22/02 01:25 AM Re: KORG PA80 not good ??
john smies Offline

Loc: koudekerke, Holland.
and me !!!!

the only keyboards to match the realistic sound of the Korg PA80 would be the Ketrons
in my opinion......
I would love to see the XD9 sitting right next to my PA80, as for the rest, you are all very welcome to them !!!

As to the Korg, check out my latest recordings on my new site:
http://artists.iuma.com/IUMA/Bands/johnny_s/index-1.html

regards,
john.

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online