SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#142708 - 11/01/05 02:51 AM Re: Tyros2..........Here..........WOW!!!!!!!
rolandfan Offline

Loc: South Africa
George kaye have u sold keyboards to international customers? If yes can u ship a tyros2 to south africa..i asked a few weeks ago but u must have missed my thread. Fran go ahead and purchase g70 unseen : )

#142709 - 11/01/05 05:27 AM Re: Tyros2..........Here..........WOW!!!!!!!
Roel Offline

My dealer is interested and can deliver a T2 next week. Please visit www.tyros2.nl and contact Henk Oostendorp

#142710 - 11/01/05 06:21 AM Re: Tyros2..........Here..........WOW!!!!!!!
rolandfan Offline

Roel please drop me an email. Its africacurios_@hotmail.com thanks

#142711 - 11/01/05 07:00 AM Re: Tyros2..........Here..........WOW!!!!!!!
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Rolandfan, it sure wouldn't be the first keyboard I purchased sight unseen..I know I purchased hundreds of boards this way...Do you doubt me?

BTW, I was a dealer for twenty years..and I sure did have to eat many keyboards[lost money, even at dealer cost]..

That is why respect dealers like George, that can run a successful business year after year..and I wish the same thing for DanO..

#142712 - 11/01/05 07:20 AM Re: Tyros2..........Here..........WOW!!!!!!!
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
I'm sorry but I only sell Yamaha keyboards here in the USA. I believe Yamaha has a policy of not allowing the sale of keyboards from one country to another. In January of 2005, Yamaha stopped the sale of Yamaha products from Europe to the USA. Dealers could be fined thousands of dollars for doing this.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#142713 - 11/01/05 08:11 AM Re: Tyros2..........Here..........WOW!!!!!!!
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
Originally posted by George Kaye:
I'm sorry but I won't be able to give you the size of the wave rom. Yamaha is keeping this information to themselves for the time being. Because of their ability to compress their samples as most companys do and do it with such great results, they say the size in actual numbers, may not be understood by most and therefore this figure will not be given out.

George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California

Thanks for trying George. I suspected as much to be honest. If Yamaha gave the Tyros2 300Mb of WAV ROM then no doubt they would have plastered that information on all of their web sites if only for the reason that they could show the world that the Tyros2 was king of the WAV ROM figures. The current (and still reigning) champ is the Roland G70 at 192Mb.

If Yamaha is compressing the Samples on the Tyros2 to such a degree then possibly the actual WAV ROM on the Tyros2 is "less" than the Tyros?? If that is the case then posting the WAV ROM figures on their sites could be a negative influence to potential buyers and dare I say an embarrassment to the Company itself.

As we know, the more that audio data is compressed such as .Wav samples etc., the greater is the loss in quality of that audio data. "Uncompressed" .Wav or other type of audio samples offer the greatest quality of course.

It is possible that perhaps Yamaha has come up with a way that retains a greater degree of quality in the compressing process so they may be able to compress their samples to a greater degree without a further significant amount of quality loss or possibly none at all compared to the previous method.

I wonder if Roland's samples are compressed on the G70? If they are, perhaps they are not near to the degree that Yamaha compresses theirs?? >> In theory LESS compression = greater quality. Depending of course on the actual quality of the original {uncompressed} sample. In other words a great quality sample that has been compressed can oftentimes be better than an average quality sample that is uncompressed.

Still, compression in itself is not the optimal way to create and retain the best quality possible in sound reproduction which leaves me to wonder why Yamaha is compressing the Tyros2 samples so much?? Even perhaps 2 to 4 times more than the original Tyros? Or possibly even more??

PS: Since Steve Deming no longer posts here (most likely because of strict orders from his superiors) or any other Yamaha employee for that matter, the truth may be forever hidden from us (unless of a leak maybe ) as to the WAV ROM question on the Tyros2.

But from what some have said they really do not hear a great difference between Tyros1 and Tyros2 except perhaps regarding the SA Voices. I for one think the SA Voices sound a notch up from the Tyros but there are only 42 of them so you don't have a overwhelming amount to choose from (variety wise) and in certain songs or situations there may be no corresponding SA voice that would fit in with the song so you're left to choose from one of the other Panel or XG voices. But since Yamaha greatly increased the amount of Sweet! Live! and Cool! voices on the Tyros2 it may or may not be a problem.

Best regards,
Mike

#142714 - 11/01/05 12:17 PM Re: Tyros2..........Here..........WOW!!!!!!!
rolandfan Offline

Fran i have no doubts because u have owned all the different equipment that the g70 is based upon and u liked them. So in a way its not sight unseen. Thanks for the reply george. Perhaps one reason is because of the voltage difference. Korg seems to be the only one of the big 3 that has no restriction

#142715 - 11/01/05 03:43 PM Re: Tyros2..........Here..........WOW!!!!!!!
George Kaye Offline

Fran,
I called Roland today and I'm not sure I got the final answer to your harmonizer questions. My good source is still on vacation and so I spoke with a keyboard tech support guy. He seems to think that the internal vocal harmonizer can only see which ever one track you select to have the vocal harmonizer read and not be able to see incoming midi messages from an external source. However, I'm not sure he truly understood what I was asking, because I'm not sure I understood myself. Please call and talk to Jan Vogul at Roland maybe at the end of the week. He is the one man there that really knows the arranger products in tech support. If you need their phone number I can give it to you.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#142716 - 11/01/05 04:12 PM Re: Tyros2..........Here..........WOW!!!!!!!
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Thanks George, when you get time can you email me the best phone number to reach the tech...Fran

#142717 - 11/01/05 05:53 PM Re: Tyros2..........Here..........WOW!!!!!!!
George Kaye Offline

I installed a 60 GB hard drive into the Tyros 2 today and I've created 2 songs using the hard disk recorder. First, I selected an XG song I received from Yamaha of Take Me Home Country Road, using the vocal harmonizer and I entered the record mode, hit start on the song playback and sang along with the midi file. When complete, I hit stop, then play and really amazing audio quality was playing back. I also downloaded using a USB cable several hundreds of styles and songs into the hard drive.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

Page 5 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online