SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#142678 - 10/29/05 12:54 PM Re: Tyros2..........Here..........WOW!!!!!!!
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Scott,
Your comment that I "sell" keyboards I recommended in my store is dead wrong! If I'm reading your comment as you meant it, and correct me if I'm wrong, you suggest I rated the Yamaha Tyros2 and the Roland G70 version 2 as my two favorite models right now, because I can generate sales from saying so.
Those who know me, and talk to me here at my store, know that I am an opinionated person.
Because I have all these keybaords available to me every day, and I get to see new inovations and upgrades all the time, I change sometimes from month to month or season to season with what my favorite keyboards might be.
If you remember, when the first G70 was shown to me, I was less than enthusiastic regarding it's sounds and use of effects. Now, with Version2 released, I can actually state that this is one of my favorite boards.
I don't usually post negatives towards fellow synthzone members, but in this case it seems to me that I am receiving a "low blow" from you stating that the "reason" I am picking these two keyboards is "because he "sells" them both".
I am saying it again.........For what they both offer, the Tyros2 and the Roland G70 are my top two picks, with the Korg PA1XPRO just a slight notch behind (if Korg had 4 fill ins and 128 note polyphony instead of 62) it would rank right up there tied with the other 2.

George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#142679 - 10/29/05 01:03 PM Re: Tyros2..........Here..........WOW!!!!!!!
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by George Kaye:
Scott,
Your comment that I "sell" keyboards I recommended in my store is dead wrong!

I don't usually post negatives towards fellow synthzone members, but in this case it seems to me that I am receiving a "low blow" from you stating that the "reason" I am picking these two keyboards is "because he "sells" them both".

Come on George! You certainly must have KNOWN I was ONLY joking. Didn't you SEE the BIG grin and wink accompanying my reply?

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 10-29-2005).]

#142680 - 10/29/05 01:08 PM Re: Tyros2..........Here..........WOW!!!!!!!
Scottyee Offline

I meant wink and 'thumbs UP' in my reply.

#142681 - 10/29/05 01:44 PM Re: Tyros2..........Here..........WOW!!!!!!!
Dnj Offline

Scott better get his T2 soon,
he seems on edge
he's getting spanked quite often lately
Oh My! hehehe

#142682 - 10/29/05 01:58 PM Re: Tyros2..........Here..........WOW!!!!!!!
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Scott, I don't use the smiles when I say something...I don't need to back pedal from my comments..
Naturally , anything i say , are my opinions...that usually become fact...
When I commented about the Genesys, PAix and the SD1...it was a matter of fact...I have played them...with the final comment , being my opinion[the only one that counts, when it is something I will or will not use].

I am going out on a limb here, but it just may be possible in the end ..the G70 or Tyros2 may be my next board...with the big zinger for me[if the Tyros 2 drums still play the wrong map in GM mode]...Oops forgot, the 61 keys won't work for me[same reason I sold the VA-7].

As for you young SZ people..always check things out for yourselves..Not all of the seniors here know what they are talking about....

#142683 - 10/29/05 02:03 PM Re: Tyros2..........Here..........WOW!!!!!!!
Scottyee Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Scott better get his T2 soon,
he seems on edge
he's getting spanked quite often lately

Hi Donny & Fran too , yep, I believe you're right. I must be suffering from Tyros2 'withdrawal' symptoms, especially now seeing/hearing so many of my SZ buds playing theirs already. Man, do I need a Tyros2 fix really bad. Hope DanO can come to the rescue soon. I'm just relieved this isn't the bird flu. - Scott

#142684 - 10/29/05 03:27 PM Re: Tyros2..........Here..........WOW!!!!!!!
Clif Anderson Offline

Scott's post was intended as a good-natured ribbing and was not "a low blow". It would be a shame if any new members misread Scott's post and thought George was not a good source of keyboards and advice. I have been reading George Kaye's posts for about six years now, and have always found them to be well informed and objective. He has performed a service to all of us by communicating our wishes to the manufacturers. I wish he were located closer to Silicon Valley.

[This message has been edited by Clif Anderson (edited 10-30-2005).]

#142685 - 10/29/05 03:28 PM Re: Tyros2..........Here..........WOW!!!!!!!
KFingers Offline

Loc: Brighton - UK
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
Naturally , anything i say , are my opinions...that usually become fact...

Hmmmmmmm.......

#142686 - 10/29/05 03:54 PM Re: Tyros2..........Here..........WOW!!!!!!!
Scottyee Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Clif Anderson:
It would be a shame if any new members misread Scott's post and thought George was not a good source of keyboards and advice.

I think my clarification quickly dispelled any mis-interpretated conclusions. I just thought that, because I consider George, Fran, Donny, and you too Clif , longstanding fraternity bros here, SIX years , that you guys would have clearly understood, especially with the BIG GRIN smiley that I included, that I was 'merely joking'. Apparently I was wrong. This just highlights my point earlier to Fran, how messageboard postings aren't necesarily able to accurately convey what the writer intended. We all (including myself) need to choose our words here more carefully I suppose. Watching out 4 the eggshells . - Scott

#142687 - 10/29/05 03:57 PM Re: Tyros2..........Here..........WOW!!!!!!!
George Gevo Offline

Loc: N.Hollywood CA
I know George Kaye about 8 years he is very good source on keyboards and advice with his help we changed Yamaha memory supplyer on psr 9000 & pro simm problem scale problem
so on...

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online