SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#142660 - 04/14/02 07:03 AM Another italian song
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
This time I have recorded a song maybe not so popular like "Anema e Core" and actually I am rather curious to know how many of you living outside Italy know this one. It was written more than 40 years ago by Domenico Modugno, the author of "Nel blu dipinto di blu" (better known as "Volare"); compared with "Volare" this is a very different song, because is much more intimate and in fact it's a love song. The title is "Resta cu 'mme" which, in neapolitan, means "Stay with me". Modugno was not born in Naples, but he wrote often songs in neapolitan because he thought that this dialect was particularly expressive.
To record this song I have used the internal Rhumba style of my VA7, with just a little tweaking; the instruments featured are: Soft Accordeon, French Accordeon from the G800 bank (rhytm track), V Mariachi Trumpet and Super Tenor.
This song is dedicated to my friends (in alphabetical order) Gunnar Jonny and Scott Yee: Gunnar because he is the most italian Viking I have ever known and, besides, I know that he loves these rhumba styles and Scott because he was the first one to encourage me to record my songs, about one year ago.
By the way, Scott, I have got news for you: I am coming to San Francisco in June!
(thinking of it, I could record "California Dreaming" as my next song...)
A word of caution: my website is a free website, so I am allowed only a given amount of Mb to download per day (I think it's 200 Mb); when that amount is exceeded the site is suspended for a while (usually 1 or 2 hours), then you can connect again. So, please, be patient.
Thank you and have a great time.

Andrea

http://andrearotolo.tripod.com/dreamer/id1.html

#142661 - 04/14/02 08:16 AM Re: Another italian song
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Andrea,
I'm really feel honoured indeed, thank you!
Yes, I love italian music, and also rhumba
and beguines is among my favourite styles.
Now I'm going to download and listen
Chiao,
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online