Topic Options
#141654 - 11/16/02 05:39 AM Question about spec of Tyros
jm_bogey Offline

Loc: Montreal,QC, Canada
In the spec sheet of Tyros you can read:

Auto Accompaniment

Disk Direct

Save to User Drive, Floppy Drive or Opt. HDD – Unlimited *1
Yes (Style will play direct from disk – just like the Internal Styles)

If I understood well, that mind the style will be read to play when I select them ???

I have a KN6000 and if I want to play a style on floppy I have to wait for loading .... 7 to 20 sec. before is ready.

Thank's for your reply

#141655 - 11/16/02 07:25 AM Re: Question about spec of Tyros
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Yes, many keyboards do that already. My PA80 does, the psr line does, it's almost instant.

#141656 - 11/16/02 07:58 AM Re: Question about spec of Tyros
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
jm_bogey: How long does it take on your KN6000 when loading just the 'style (.cmp) file' only? Technics (by default) groups & loads all other related files (panel memory, MSP, sequencer, sound memory, etc) as well, which lengthens load time substantially. For a TRUE comparison, set your KN6000 to load ONLY the "style (.cmp)" file. As my memory recalls, load time is about the SAME as my Yamaha PSR2000 (almost instant). - Scott

#141657 - 11/17/02 04:16 AM Re: Question about spec of Tyros
jm_bogey Offline

Loc: Montreal,QC, Canada
Hi,

If i load a style was save from KN6000 it took about 3 sec. to load composer only.

If i load a style was save from KN2000/KN5000 it took about 6 sec. to load composer only.

The reason is with the KN6000 they compress file so it's faster to load. If I load every files from KN6000(5 files only) it take ±8 sec., from KN5000(4 files only) it take ±44 sec.

Could you load registration from the yamaha ?
You have to do a second loadind ?
Can you load and play a style in the same time ?

If I push the button Load on my KN6000 all sound STOP....

#141658 - 11/17/02 04:29 PM Re: Question about spec of Tyros
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by jm_bogey:
Could you load registration from the yamaha ? You have to do a second loadind ?
Can you load and play a style in the same time ? If I push the button Load on my KN6000 all sound STOP....

Hi jm_bogey:

Yes, Yamaha arrangers (at least my PSR2000 does) allows you to play (along with the current style) while loading a new style.

The Yamaha arranger boards will also automatically load style, sound, and sequencer pad files, but only if they're included as a part of Reg Memory and stored in the kb's factory preset or user area.

Otherwise, contrary to Technics, Yamaha's styles, registrations, sounds, and song files must be loaded individually. The load time of a style loaded from a floppy is less than a second. Load time for a Yamaha Registration Bank file (Yamaha's equivilent to Technics Panel Memory file) is only 1/2 a second. The registration setup is only activated after you manually select a registstration setup button (1-8).

The TERRIFIC thing about Yamaha's style loading system is that loading a style does NOT interrupt (stop) the style currently playing, but lets the current style finish the current measure, and then seamlessly begins the new style at the beginning of the next measure. This quick load/syncro style transition system makes 'on the fly' Yamaha arranger keyboard performance very slick.

Hope this answers your question.

Scott

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online