SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#141639 - 04/29/03 08:10 AM korg i5s floppy drive problems
emilzd Offline

Loc: Croatia
On my Korg i5s the floppy disks don't play with constant quality. Sometimes (while playing a midi file) they stop in the middle of the performance, which is extremely unwanted and embarassing for me and for the audience. I have tried solving the problem with cleanning kits, using old DD disks(they seem to play better) but it seems that the problem is really with the drive. Is it possible to replace the floppy drive with a standard computer floppy drive, or does it have to be the original one?I live in a remote corner of the world in Croatia, where it is complicated to get a good service for synths and all such adventures are rather expensive. Can anyone give me a hint what to do? Thanks in advance,
Emil from Zadar, Croatia

#141640 - 05/06/03 03:20 AM Re: korg i5s floppy drive problems
MacAllcock Offline

Loc: Preston, Lancashire, England
Korgs info suggests that the i5s has an HD floppy drive. A normal PC drive might work assuming the connections are the same (i.e. 34 way idc connector).

If the connections arent the same, but the electrical signals are compatible, you could make an interface adapter but this requires knowledge of the precise interface of the i5s.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online