SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#141611 - 04/12/07 09:17 AM Re: New Bose System? HOw come nobody is talking about it?
Dnj Offline

In the end the solution is not to listen to what is being said fully BUT to experience it yourself, buy it, try it, & see if it fits YOUR personal musical needs enough to keep it .....other wise return it or sell it. I did & Im glad its behind me now...

#141612 - 04/12/07 10:58 AM Re: New Bose System? HOw come nobody is talking about it?
mikeathome1 Offline

Loc: Syracuse NY
Can you compare a bi amped stage system with monitors and a 32 channel board being pushed by 8 or ten crown or qsc amps with a Bose. Well you can compare a moped with a limo but they have different uses.
the limo driver is going to tell you how great the limo is because that is what he is trained in, thats what he knows, sells, and makes a living with. the guy with the moped is going to tell you about how much he saves on gas, how he scoots in and out of traffic, how easy it is to park.
Like Donny says try it! a lot of guys that tried it bought it, use it, love it. Some didn't
A lot of the guys that yell the loudest never used one themselves, never set it up read the directions and gave it a fair shot.
Or they heard an acoustic or some other act use it that either didn't know how it worked or just made it sound bad.
How could you ever make up your mind without trying it.If you try it and don't like then ok you gave it a shot.
Imagine how many people told Edison his light bulb or phonograph wouldn't work because they didn't understand the principal.

Plain and simple the Bose threatens the mystique of the prosound guys, if anyone can sound good then they don't need to hire the prosound guru.

[This message has been edited by mikeathome1 (edited 04-12-2007).]

#141613 - 04/12/07 09:22 PM Re: New Bose System? HOw come nobody is talking about it?
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
I have a friend with a reggae band using the Bose PAS with 2 sub woofers. They have an acoustic drum kit and electric bass player and the Bose system performs just fine and has no problem keeping up with the live band volume. It's definately capable of delivering a full clear sound throughout the room. Though I'm sure having the 2 sub woofers certainly helps a lot with a live band.

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online